aaa Darkstate Back 'atcha... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/20             25-Jun-01  @  11:45 AM   -   Darkstate Back 'atcha...

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi all, with our EPs nearing release.. I wanted to put up a few of the tracks featured in DT lo-fi styleee for ya'll to listen to... I'm OK about the lo-fi conversion, but it doesn't really showcase the effort put into the vocals - you'll need the CD for that  

Hope ya'll enjoy...

Marc_D
-------------------
The tracks are:
Clear (DT Lo-Fi Edit) - Featuring Joanna King
Winter, All alone (DT Lo-Fi Edit) - Featuring Melissa Dyer
Freedom of Choice (DT Lo-Fi Edit) - Featuring Joanna King

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             25-Jun-01  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

Rhea

Link?:  Link

OOOOOOH shit....the first "Freedom of Choice" vocal dropped in and the hair behind my neck is stading straight...very cool track.

Winter: I really wish I could hear a hi fi version...great vocals, like the breakdown around 2:00.

Clear: my fav for sure. I think I like Joanna's voice best...Very Bristol feeling. This song has the best dynamics IMHO.

You guys definitely have together, keep it up.

Peace

Message 3/20             25-Jun-01  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

dARKSTATe

Rhea, thanks for the feedback man... We've worked hard to get fully into the whole vocal thang, and I think we're getting there.. ;)

Jo's a fantastic singer, and the two tracks of hers featured do a nice job of showcasing some of her range... Melissa's just getting started on Winter, wait 'till you hear what else we've got lined up with her!!

Hoping to flow the proper EP to Influx, Sitar and any other hedz who are interested soon as it gets duped.. Would be happy to add you to the list!

Marc_D

Message 4/20             25-Jun-01  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

Rhea

Please do! I'll email you.

THANX!

Message 5/20             25-Jun-01  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

dARKSTATe

darkstate@usa.net (incase it ain't shown up above)

Marc_D

Message 6/20             26-Jun-01  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

roller8

Damn! Really nice stuff. Excellent vocals definitely. I hope the EP(s) does really well.

Message 7/20             27-Jun-01  @  01:25 AM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

fuckflux

Link?:  No link

just got off tha phone withcha..nice to put a voice to the face (even though I hardly understood a word;))

my friend...this is some damn good, brooding, sultry stuff!

fitting title for the crew bro. I really think I could get in on this 

Message 8/20             27-Jun-01  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

sitar

I'll listen a little later dude. Haven't been able to get onto DT...kept getting some error page...since saturday.

Message 9/20             27-Jun-01  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

influx

yeah, sitar...marc explained that to me..its cuz the simple "dancetech.com" linked to the old page...so you have to break out:

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/?

thanks, marc, for saving a fiend!!!

Message 10/20             27-Jun-01  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

sitar

Yea I found that out. Eventually I got around to the Cakewalk site. They have a link to Dancetech which is just another reason Sonar is great. Anyway off to listen to one of these backatcha tracks.

Message 11/20             27-Jun-01  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

sitar

Nice tracks Marc. Listened to 'Clear' and 'Freedom of Choice'. I like their voices. Couldn't help while I was listening, wondering what color hair they leave behind in your studio, which is a nice thing. Made them sound even warmer. I like them. Would love to hear a tune with Lianne on vocals sometime too. Real nice tracks.

Message 12/20             28-Jun-01  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

dARKSTATe

Thanks Sitar, seems like we're beginning to get things right tunewise.. I had a few moments peace on the train into work today, and managed to get some fresh lyrics written for a new dark track about obession and stuff.. ;)

I've been trying to get Lia back on vocals, I think she's warming to the idea but her time really seems at a premium right now..  

As for hair colour - well Jo's kind of a dark curly browny-red, Melissa's a kinda shortish blonde, as is Helens, Audrey's a long dark brown, as is Kerry's and Lia's is long a curly brown...

Check the pictures of all of us lot on our new website when it goes live soon, might be easier.. ;)

Marc_D

Message 13/20             28-Jun-01  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

sitar

Damn

Message 14/20             28-Jun-01  @  02:25 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

dARKSTATe

Why damn?

Message 15/20             28-Jun-01  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

influx

long and brown. thats why damn, I bet

even though sitar's married;)

Message 16/20             28-Jun-01  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

sitar

Yea I'm saying damn like it sounds so beautiful it hurts. That kinda damn. Nice voices for sure.

Message 17/20             28-Jun-01  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

influx

sitar...they could be all fat cows with missing teeth you know. pretty hair and a pretty voice do not equal a pretty woman (even though i vaguely remember a pic of Lia and she wasnt exactly ugly;))

jesus..do women talk about male artists like this? sexist pigs we still are

hehe...marc...speakin of understanding..I was reading the liner notes for a duo called chocolate weasel, and T. Power was listing his "thanks" and it said "If any of you expect me to remember all of you after 4 months in the studio, I cant be ASKED"

hehe..shouldnt that have been "arsed"? Apparently the copy editor was a non-brit 

Message 18/20             29-Jun-01  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

sitar

Influx, it's just nice to appreciate the finer sex. Heaven knows the males of our species are an ugly lot. I remember Lia's pic too. Damn.

Message 19/20             29-Jun-01  @  03:55 AM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

sitar

BTW, I will with any luck finish and post a real DnB tune tomorrow. Close to done. 170bpm and all. My first. Woohoo! My second really. The first went into the recycle bin about a year ago. ;_(

Message 20/20             29-Jun-01  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: Darkstate Back 'atcha...

dARKSTATe

Well I can say that all the girls are pretty cute, and whilst that has no bearing on their singing ability whatsoever, it brightens up the studio no end.. it also means I gotta stay focussed and "professional" about things..  

Lookin' forward to the dnb track Sitar, your Pressure Drop promo is in the post..

Influx, Rhea - ALL recording and mastering on the EP is finished, all photos are done, artwork practically laid up.. just off to the duplicators then out to you good folks!! (Fingers crossed tightly here!)  

Marc_D

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)