aaa get your sounds on vinyl - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: get your sounds on vinyl

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/23             29-Jun-01  @  04:30 AM   -   get your sounds on vinyl

dmt10

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

if any one is interested in getting thier music on a vinyl we can do it for you, costs are: about $8.50 US for 1 record with 2 minuets of sound, additional minuets are about $2.50 US each and additional records are about $7 US each.

these prices are only approximate, for exact prices change these prices in New Zealand Funds into your local currency:
1 record with 2 min : $20 NZ, extra min $5 NZ, extra record $15 NZ

if your interested just email me.
cheers - Dominic

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/23             29-Jun-01  @  05:04 AM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

influx

Link?:  Link

jeez man. thats pretty damn high

good thing we already have resources!

wait..youll do a 12"...wait..a MINUET? what the hell is that?

Message 3/23             29-Jun-01  @  07:27 AM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

roller8

Damn, that does sound high. Well, thanks for the offer though.

Message 4/23             29-Jun-01  @  08:52 AM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

dodgydomrecords

sorry, forgive my incredibly poor spelling, minute.

yeah it's a 12" with 20 MINUTES of sound each side.

Message 5/23             29-Jun-01  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

psylichon

It's hard to get one-off's of a vinyl... most places make you order like 500 of em. Though the price is high, it may be worth it for a one-time thing.

question: how durable are your vinyls? I have some battlewaxes that have stood up to tons of abuse and some that sound like shit after an hour of practicing. It would only be worth it to me if yours were really durable.

20 minutes each side? So a full vinyl would be $8.50 + (38 x $2.50) = $103.50 US? And are those additional vinyls $7 each flat or do we have to pay additional minutes on those, too?

I could find 40 minutes of samples I'd love to scratch, easily. I could find about a hundred bucks, too....

psylichon

Message 6/23             29-Jun-01  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

influx

dude you can get a 12" from richard simpson, dub plate style, for $40.

and for just another say 300 youd have 100 records

20 minutes on a 12 is gonna sound like SHIT unless its 10 per side

Message 7/23             29-Jun-01  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

rhea

exactly.

Message 8/23             29-Jun-01  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

roller8

These guys know what they're talking about. And especially for scratch uses. The grooves will be too close together. You want big, deep grooves...that combined with being cut onto a heavy steel reinforced dub plate will make for rock solid performance on a SL1200. Like a Weeble. They'd wobble but they won't fall down...

Message 9/23             30-Jun-01  @  07:21 AM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

dodgydomrecords

if you wanted on record with 40 minuets of samples I should be able to get you a discount...

they are pretty durable, they last about 5000 plays... as for scratching them, I'm unsure as I not actually a DJ, I'll have to take my test record to a DJ some where and see what he thinks.

if you wanted a single record full of your own music I could probably get it for much cheaper than $100.

but I hadn't really expected many people to want whole records...rather they could purchase sounds on part of a record and other people would pay for the rest of it and then make bunch of records

I also tryed to set if up so that getting the records wouldn't cost too much more than buying a record from a shop, here in New Zealand records are about $20 a pop, ($8.50 US is about $20 NZ)

so I figured that $30 - $40 NZ for a record with on of your (4 - 6 minute) tracks wasn't too bad, if you just want samples you scratch then you could probably fit heaps into just 2 min...

how much are records over there in UK and US?

Message 10/23             30-Jun-01  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

influx

cursious..do you guys own a lathe? Did you buy that vestax one?

damn..wasnt there a link here to the machine that use a 1200 to cut dubs?

anyway...local guy in LA..richard simpson, will do a 12" for $40. not the best quality in the world but functional

Message 11/23             01-Jul-01  @  08:08 AM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

dodgydomrecords

nah, the vestax cutters cost thousands and even the blank records are about $35 aus.

I don't actaully make the records my self (well not at the moment any way) so I couldn't tell you too much about the lathes.

Message 12/23             01-Jul-01  @  08:11 PM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

Milan

why dont you post the link to the guy who does?

maybe he would give us a better price  

Message 13/23             01-Jul-01  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

influx

so does anyone remember that machine? The one you attach to a tech1200 and cut your own?

wonder how well that would work?

Message 14/23             02-Jul-01  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

SpinbacK

Link?:  No link

Is that the Kingston one influx? :-

http://www.htfr.com/products/browseprod.php?browseby=bycat&category=turntables&catno=MR48761&

Dunno about the above but i heard that the vestax machine is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt big time. Real low quality, although in saying that ive not heard it myself. Great idea tho.

maybe soundlab will start knocking out a cheap copy version soon ;)

spinback

Message 15/23             02-Jul-01  @  02:13 AM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

dodgydomrecords

he doesn't deal with small orders, so it would be pretty expensive for you.

any way, I have revised a few things... now figured out that I can half the price for additional minuets

so instead additional minuets are more like $1.05 US each the exact price is $2.50 NZ, the exchange rate is some thing like $1NZ to $0.41US

cheers - Dominic

Message 16/23             02-Jul-01  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

Link?:  No link

minutes damn it!

Message 17/23             02-Jul-01  @  03:53 AM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

damballah

hehehe. how much for waltzes?

Message 18/23             02-Jul-01  @  05:53 AM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

dodgydomrecords

waltzes will not cost any extra than any other sound.

Message 19/23             02-Jul-01  @  07:16 AM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

psylichon

Waltzes should be cheaper cause yer losin' a beat every measure.

Message 20/23             02-Jul-01  @  10:50 AM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

dodgydomrecords

okay then 25% off for waltzes

Message 21/23             02-Jul-01  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

k

"Waltzes should be cheaper cause yer losin' a beat every measure."

classic - ha ha ha LOL!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 22/23             02-Jul-01  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

damballah

HA!

Message 23/23             02-Jul-01  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: get your sounds on vinyl

influx

that was good!

ypu...kingston. thanks!

wonder how that fucker works?

Viewing all 23 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)