aaa Guards of Magog! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Guards of Magog!

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             07-Jul-01  @  02:25 AM   -   Guards of Magog!

influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

you guys should go check this shit out

http://www.besonic.com/User/0,1391,g0r0l0t0o1i348895,FF.html

only one track up there and its a damn long download but its some damn good stuff

good job, whoever you are. mix sounds tight. good programming.

dunno if Id call it techno...hehe..more like apocaplyptic electro or something but its damn well done

sitar will like this much.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             07-Jul-01  @  02:56 AM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

Milan

damnation! thats one hell of a praise when influx goes to another site to listen, and then opens a thread on DT about it! is heaven going to fall on our heads next!?

oh, and the music is really good too, nice balance of light and darkness i guess, good work guys!

Message 3/17             07-Jul-01  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

Milan

btw influx, did you notice that we´re chasing each other´s replies tonite? funny that  

Message 4/17             07-Jul-01  @  04:02 AM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

sitar

Thank goodness. I get a break from thread chasing. I'll try to dl tomorrow. I'd fall asleep doing it tonight.

Influx, I know you're sick of hearing me say this but I listened to "Come Git Some" again. DAMN. That track is hot. I've still lots to learn before I get my stuff to where I feel good, and it will undoubtedly be a different style, but I've been around the block a few times and I know music that does it. That track does ya bastard :P

Message 5/17             07-Jul-01  @  04:13 AM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

Guards of Magog

Link?: Link

Again, we thank you for your listening. Spoke we some in your Darkness thread of Influx. We never know what genre thing to call the sounds of we, we just make. One who calls self Sitar always listens in future never present we observe. Some of Sitar music we have listened to and enjoyed. Something about a Buddha we recall. Listen again will we soon.

Farewell.

GoM

Message 6/17             07-Jul-01  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

influx

how bout some more tunes then, GoM?

Milan...oh PLEASE. I aint all that bad. I just liked this track...and...since GoM didnt say "HEY GO LOOK AT MY STUFF" I thought..well...thisperson/thesepeople are interesting. Wonder what their music may sound like

the one suggestion I would have for "Hounds of Hell" is save some of the drum programming for a little further in. Theres a fairly nice intro, then the drums come in pretty much full on, and stay that way for some time...Ive learned that a good way to add a little more surprise is to hang on..hold back on some of the "tricks"...

so on what is it...17 when you come in..instead of having the ghost snares and that (way cool btw) rattly delay..maybe wait another 16 for that?
just a thought. hope more people listen!

Message 7/17             07-Jul-01  @  10:26 AM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

influx

fuck. where is everyone. I came home wanting to talk 

Message 8/17             07-Jul-01  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

Guards of Magog

Link?: Link

Greetings. Sorry GoM not online all time. Anyone else listen to track posted?

We have placed lo-fi file on Dancetech so now is here. Used we the lo-fi file from website Besonic. Found quality more acceptible than one we attempted. We maybe think low end not liked by GoM encoder. Maybe we try more compression with multiband type to help bass control. Not use multiband before we just small amount limiting on music use. Almost it need 2 mixes. It still looses much in mono lo-fi. Created we this sounds for large loud systems so drums pound body and bass vibrates insides and crazy noises mess with mind. This type of music we enjoy so type of music we make.

Will take advice of Influx on music maybe slower evolution. Some of GoM near finished music more like this. We get excited when making sounds and maybe "come too soon". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. We make joke, one who calls self Sitar.

Farewell.

GoM

Message 9/17             07-Jul-01  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

Milan

damn, i´m down with these Guards, whoever they may be...

Message 10/17             07-Jul-01  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

sitar

The future is here and sitar listens. I love techno. This is techno. I love it. Great sounds. The track powers relentlously right through to the end. I gotta write techno. Inspiration.

Message 11/17             07-Jul-01  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

influx

good shit, aint it.

yeah..I can see where this song would lose a HUGE amount of its appeal due to mono-ing, but...the point is just to get the idea across, no?

Message 12/17             08-Jul-01  @  04:02 AM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

influx

sitar...btw...thanks again...which version. the swarm mix?

I could change a few things...but...theres some fun in there. glad you like it

so far the votes go to subterranean mostly. then escape velocity, then darkness. in that order. not the way I would have chose it. but do I choose? no 

Message 13/17             08-Jul-01  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

sitar

Yea the Swarm Mix. Well the other tracks are great. I love the breaks in there. There's one that, although I haven't actually counted it, seems to take the track from starting on beat 1 to starting on beat 2 or maybe 3 or 4. The break feels like it goes an extra beat or 2 before coming back. Nice. I like everything about the track. Is that your voice btw?

Message 14/17             08-Jul-01  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

sitar

Escape Velocity sounds it's lo fi essence again. Also great track. Sitar smiles approvingly upon one who calls himself Influx, writer of would be DnB tracks but for bpms.

Guards of Magog must be rubbing off on me.

I know, sitar...the one who amuses self.

Message 15/17             08-Jul-01  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

sitar

Forgot to mention, another slow day at work.

Message 16/17             08-Jul-01  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

influx

starting on beat HUH? dude..i am NOT clever enough to do that...

what happened on that one though is some of the breaks, instead of being at the end of 4 or 8 (ie bar 4 or bar 8 itself) actually have their "own" bar...which...well...I was told I shouldnt do 

see..my lack of knowledge gettin in the way.

hey..this aint my thread!

to the guards..I have now listened to your track about 5 times, which is pretty rare for me, so...

Message 17/17             08-Jul-01  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: Guards of Magog!

sitar

Yea but it works. You're only supposed to not do something when it doesn't work. Those breaks really add a dynamic tension imo, or more than that they say confidently to the listener, I'm totally in control here. That kind of extra beats break probably wouldn't work in most musical situations.

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)