aaa drum machine with part mute??? - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: drum machine with part mute???

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             12-Jul-01  @  11:42 PM   -   drum machine with part mute???

kevin king

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

does anyone know of a drum machine with part mutes, kinda like the mc505, 303, only STRICTLY a drum box?

I want a drum machine that I can program a full embellished pattern on, then during playback, mute and unmute parts to build the song up, know?

Any advice, links, pointers, comments welcomed.

I have a dr770 I would trade for a box with mutes.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             13-Jul-01  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: drum machine with part mute???

0/d

I know its not what you want but the RM1x and the 505 are pretty much exactly what you are looking for,just use the drum sounds instead of the synths.Stick individual drums on each track,you could do up to 16 with the rm1x,and at the same time you would be buying an excellent overall sequencer for a bargain price.

Message 3/10             13-Jul-01  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: drum machine with part mute???

0/d

I know its not what you want but the RM1x and the 505 are pretty much exactly what you are looking for,just use the drum sounds instead of the synths.Stick individual drums on each track,you could do up to 16 with the rm1x,and at the same time you would be buying an excellent overall sequencer for a bargain price.

Message 4/10             13-Jul-01  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: drum machine with part mute???

a.d.d.

Link?:  No link

yeah but the rm1x only has a stereo out and the internal fx are no match for a good otboard unit. the jomox xbase09 or the quasimidi 309 are probably more what you want as far as a drum machine goes...

Message 5/10             13-Jul-01  @  04:46 AM   -   RE: drum machine with part mute???

kevin king

I own a 505 and yeah, it's great for muting/unmuting drums. . .I wouldn't want to shell out another $750-to-$1000 just to have another drum machine with mutes. . .

Aren't the 309 and X-base "all in one" boxes, like the 505. . .not simply drum machines?

Thanks for the replies. . . every bit of info gets me a step closer to the goal.

Thanks!

Message 6/10             14-Jul-01  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: drum machine with part mute???

Pongoid

Link?: Link

x-base is STRICTLY drums. No flash, no frills, just big fat masty as ya wanna be analog drum machine tones. This thing and a few effects is pretty sick. Not for everybody, but I consider it to be part and parcel to a big sound on thr dancefloor. Nothing thumps like this thing.

Ape

Message 7/10             14-Jul-01  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: drum machine with part mute???

k

i dont htink you'll find that in a drumbox, how about a small mixer and route the drums ointo it and use channel mutes on that ?.. that'd be the normal live method. - a small mixer 6-8 channels is well cheap + you get full eq on all drum outs.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/10             17-Jul-01  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: drum machine with part mute???

Pongoid

right tool for the right job

Message 9/10             18-Jul-01  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: drum machine with part mute???

ekko2002

you would think roland(boss), alesis, zoom, or even yamaha would make a simple(fairly inexpensive) drum machine that incorporated the part mutes for simplified building up of drum tracks. . .surely there is enough of a "market" to make this "profitable."

Message 10/10             18-Jul-01  @  02:07 AM   -   RE: drum machine with part mute???

k

well drumboxes rely on building patterns & songs in the sequences.... they'd assume you'd mute drums within patterns... use a mixer, trust me it'll be worth it the sound alone will be way better eq'd on dedicated channels

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)