aaa New OSes please Novation! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: New OSes please Novation!

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             17-Jul-01  @  08:39 AM   -   New OSes please Novation!

chris

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Come on guys.

I've been stuck with things like the daft 'glide' bug for months now on the SN2. Nick B promised a fix for this months ago. I'm sure the SN1 and Nova guys are eagerly awaiting OS4.1 too.

Just when I thought Novation was getting it's act together, you seem to be letting us down on the bug fixes. I'm not even ever-so fussed about new features, but leaving annoying (and probably easy to fix) bugs in there for months isn't very impressive.

Please get it together.

Chris

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             17-Jul-01  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

Cyrex

I totally agree with Chris.
Please fix the annoying 'local control switching to off' - bug too. Thx  

Message 3/17             17-Jul-01  @  12:55 PM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

sitar

Link?:  Link

Cakewalk/Sonar used to turn Local Control off when opening up the sequencer after the SN was powered up. I think it was Brett that posted the solution which was to type a simple word into a Sonar/Cakewalk system log. That worked for me. I don't remember what it was. Try a search or try contacting Brett. Maybe that'll help. Don't know which sequencer you're using but it's probably a similar thing. Contact your sequencer's tech support maybe.

Message 4/17             17-Jul-01  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

psylichon

Link?:  No link

Credit where credit is due :P :}

In the Sonar folder there is a file called TTSSEQ.INI
Edit this and add the line:

SendLocalOff=0

in the [Optinos] section.

No more local control off when you boot Sonar.

psylichon

(Actually, you can credit the manual...)

Message 5/17             17-Jul-01  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

sitar

Sorry dude. That's in the manual? The manual, is that that green book that came with Sonar? It's keeping my door slightly open at the moment. Hmmm.

Message 6/17             17-Jul-01  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

psylichon

[Optinos] are much like neutrinos, only they are visible under normal optical conditions.

[Options] is a subsection in the TTSSEQ.INI file.

Just thought I'd clarify. I'm at work and bored.

psylichon

Message 7/17             17-Jul-01  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

sitar

Welcome to the "at work and bored" crowd.

Message 8/17             18-Jul-01  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

Cyrex

Thanks guys!
Your suggestion works perfectly...  

Greetings & respect,

Cyrex / FMC

Message 9/17             19-Jul-01  @  02:49 AM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

sitar

Yes. Brett and I saved the day. Psylichon was only the vehicle :P

Glad it worked out.

Message 10/17             22-Jul-01  @  03:43 AM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

Brett B

glad to be of service guys! LOL

Message 11/17             22-Jul-01  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

sitar

Speak of the devil. Brett, why weren't you the one that posted that info a couple of months ago? You're making a fool out of me ya know :P

Message 12/17             22-Jul-01  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

Brett B

HA HA, I sold my nova a couple of weeks ago. I didn't change the ini to solve the problem. Hell, i haven't even read the sonar manual. i just started using it, it is so straight forward. I simply waited until sonar launched before turning on the Nova. I think i miss my Nova way too much now. But I bought a syntechno Teebee. I am way too partial to real analog, and now i use soft synths like reaktor, and pro-52, murcury , model E for my modeled sounds. i am happy with the ease of use of softsynths in that i now use my o1v as a control source and no more limitations on inputs to my mixer. With my sampler, Mks-80, Dx-100, Teebee, and my juno-106, it's still full even without the nova and waldorf i sold. I'll drop back in here from time to time and see what's going on with novation. they have always made good synths. I listend to an old track i did with just the bass station and my dx-100. I wish i could afford to upgrade without selling off older things. some day, i'll probably go back and buy them all back. I sold my sh-101 as well, but i plan on getting a mc-202 instead. The nova will be missed as well. I'll most likely be over in the sonar forum. See ya, Brett

Message 13/17             23-Jul-01  @  12:58 PM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

sitar

See ya over there. I'm using some softsynths too. Still find it hard to open them up when the hardware's looking at me though.

Message 14/17             07-Aug-01  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

T

Novation, stop wasting time with crap ideas like the Reason controller and deliver the bug fixes you promised!

Message 15/17             08-Aug-01  @  08:17 AM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

k

hey fuck you..... i want a dedicated REASON controller.. (and i own a supernova) - REASON rocks!!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/17             08-Aug-01  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

T

Geek!

Message 17/17             08-Aug-01  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: New OSes please Novation!

T

Just kidding, I want you to have a dedicated Reason controller too.

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)