aaa I broke my juno, Help! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: I broke my juno, Help!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             19-Jul-01  @  05:59 AM   -   I broke my juno, Help!

Brett B

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I dropped a wieght on my juno. I had opend it to clean it and left it in the corner. I was cleaning out the closet and a weight fell on The main board got a hairline split at the top severing a few leads, and now half the buttons don't work. I tried clamping the board across the split and it worked for about a minute and now those buttons are gone. All the sliders work, but all the crutial editing , like poly, wave, and bank are fucked. I could probably program my o1v to send those but i would prefer finding a dead synth with a good board and swap them. Do you now of any parts dealers that buy scraped synths for parts?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             19-Jul-01  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: I broke my juno, Help!

k

Link?: Link

you could truy tracing the split tracks from A to B and soldering a wire conection between the two points instead?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             20-Jul-01  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: I broke my juno, Help!

Brett B

Link?:  Link

good idea. I thought about that too last night, and went in and did just that. Luckily all the ones split come from one plug with plenty of wire. I un-fastened the platic holding it's wire and fed the wires to the proper positions. i am going to take it to a to a repair shop and have them solder the five leads. Shouldn't cost to much. it's only about five minutes of work. I already did the hard part. It will probablly be cheaper than buying a soldering iron.They work now taped in place. so soldering them on permanantly is all that's left. I hope the crack in the board doesn't spread. should i put some super glue or apoxy on the crack?

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)