aaa Some tracks of mine... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Some tracks of mine...

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             28-Jul-01  @  06:58 PM   -   Some tracks of mine...

MsK

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I uploaded some of my dance tracks if anyone is interested about mainstream shit ;)
I've been composing different styles for about 2 years now and I haven't got any feedback yet. Well, I've uploaded my tracks to mp3.com and never asked anyone to listen to them.. maybe thats why heh  
Is there too much low end in there? I got these Yamaha MSP-5 monitors and they can't produce bass enough.

BTW, how do I delete one track from the track list?

-MsK

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             28-Jul-01  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

MsK

Oh, if you want to listen to "Flying", listen to "Flying (HQ)". It's higher quality (sound quality that is..) than the other.

Message 3/14             28-Jul-01  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

Panama

Link?:  No link

Flying HQ, IMO, you gotta change the melody when you break to silence... keep it intresting or whatever. nice sounds.

How do you like your Yamaha MSP-5's? I've heard some good things about them. Bass wise, you just gotta compare other dance tracks on the speakers, then figure out where the bass sweet spot is. Most the time, on good monitors, you can actually hear and feel awkward levels/tones. It feels like little blood pulses on you ear drums.

Message 4/14             28-Jul-01  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

MsK

Yeah I like these MSP-5's. I'm planning to buy Yamaha's active sub but it's pretty expensive compared to other brands. I guess they designed it for MSP series so that would be perfect with these monitors.

-MsK

Message 5/14             28-Jul-01  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

xoxos

wow. all those riffs seem almost perfectly recreated from other tracks! how novel.

Message 6/14             28-Jul-01  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

influx

Link?:  Link

Message 7/14             29-Jul-01  @  02:44 AM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

sitar

If you need to delete a track, go to your profile's track edit and there you'll find a button that says re-edit tracks or something. When you click on that you should see a delete button for each track on the right side.

Message 8/14             29-Jul-01  @  07:17 AM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

k

sounds good to me MKS... well balanced etc, good tracks  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/14             30-Jul-01  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

MsK

Heh, yeah I admit that those sounds are quite usual.. most of them are CS6x default patches  

Message 10/14             30-Jul-01  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

xoxos

nah, what i mean is like.. on flying.. that lush plonky thing i've heard the same phrase in the same patch off some track this year and the 1/8th note resonant filter line is the same patch in the same phrase as 'can you feel it' by matrix.. fromage, but not forgotten..

in all respect, i had to stop listening right there.

Message 11/14             31-Jul-01  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

sitar

Which brings up a question though. How d'ya know that MsK didn't write that riff first and there was a coincidence that the a song with the same riff was released, or some band heard MsK's riff at an MP3 site and used it as their own? Contemplate that with backround music of the the Twilight Zone.

Message 12/14             31-Jul-01  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

MsK

I think there is lots of rifs and melodies that are used in different tracks in different way. When I come up with some cool riff, first I always think that ok this sounds nice but since it sounds so nice it must be already used at least million times before.
I've been listening lots of mainstream trance and I can tell that those producers use same stuff again and again. It's like any other style, like clothes, now it's cool to use this but after 6 months something else is taking over.. but of course not-so-commercial stuff is different.
Well, we all like different things.

-MsK

Message 13/14             01-Aug-01  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

xoxos

respect to influx for his concern about the greater state of things.

Message 14/14             01-Aug-01  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: Some tracks of mine...

influx

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)