aaa that pitched rollin thing - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: that pitched rollin thing

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             31-Jul-01  @  11:54 AM   -   that pitched rollin thing

dave_outland

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm trying to figure out how to do that drumming 'trick' where the high end drums of a groove sorta roll over each other and pitch up to, kinda like a short break in the drum pattern. I hear it all the time in nuskool stuff.
The only way I've kind of got it was to take two tracks of the same drumming, have one pitched higher, then volume fade between the two. It sort of works but still doesn't sound quite crazy enough. I tried that using Acid but now I'm using Reason. Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             31-Jul-01  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: that pitched rollin thing

k

Link?: Link

post up an mp3 clip please.(forum attatchment)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             31-Jul-01  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: that pitched rollin thing

damballah

Link?:  Link

twisting the time knob on a delay?

Message 4/7             01-Aug-01  @  02:39 AM   -   RE: that pitched rollin thing

8life8

set an envelope on pitch or if u have a mpc u can set velocity to pitch and use the note repeat to retrigger the note/pad and depending on how hard u press the pad it will move up or down in pitch, or one can assign the fader to pitch, aslo I think a real sampler can just use a pitch bend but I'm not sure if that effects just note on or actually the whole sample, so your best bet if working with a whole loop would b routing the pitch to an envelope..

Message 5/7             08-Aug-01  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: that pitched rollin thing

dave_outland

I'll have to give that a try. Routing the pitch to an envelope......Just where to start. Did I mention I'm using Reason. I'm sure it might be possible to do using that software, I'm just not to sure how.

Message 6/7             12-Aug-01  @  07:55 PM   -   RE: that pitched rollin thing

Mage

filters? as in tweaking the cutoffs and or filters on each drum track?

Message 7/7             20-Aug-01  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: that pitched rollin thing

8life8

dave, reason might not have the option to route pitch to a envelope but it has somekind of recycle drum sampler built in right? so just use the pitch bend to flow the pitch as it triggers the chops ..

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)