aaa My epic dance track - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: My epic dance track

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             01-Aug-01  @  03:22 AM   -   My epic dance track

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I just posted a track... it's over a year old, and I've been sitting on it. It was hard to get it into a decent-sounding MP3, but I'm in the process of remixing it and I wanted to know what people thought of the original.

It's a long one, but I think worth the download. I wish I could get a hifi clip out there, but whattayagonnado?

Please let me know what you think. This one is near and dear to me.

psylichon

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             01-Aug-01  @  03:30 AM   -   RE: My epic dance track

psylichon

Yeah, ya'd like to know which one it is, wouldn't ya?

Other Half.

Good weed in Philly right now...

Message 3/10             01-Aug-01  @  06:40 AM   -   RE: My epic dance track

influx

Link?:  Link

uh..sounds a little over the top, man. could be a taste thing. see what others say

Message 4/10             01-Aug-01  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: My epic dance track

Gitai Adir

Link?:  No link

Started good, really good and then the vocals where good, but then I got bored and pressed stop.
A house remix could sound really wicked though, I think.
Cheers

Message 5/10             01-Aug-01  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: My epic dance track

8life8

r we talking about "work in progress track" ? I can dig it but I thought the beat was a bit too normal/overused but it sounded real good with the trancy thing and the acid line (wich is very cool and the bassline is good too but now it ended wich sorta tells me we arnt talking about the same track .. but yhea I Liked it alot, nice Image and it all fall together perfectly, finish it!! ..

Message 6/10             01-Aug-01  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: My epic dance track

Panama

dude, this shit is pretty good... not my cup of tea though, but it has its place.

is that you singing and playing a keyboard flute?

Message 7/10             01-Aug-01  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: My epic dance track

psylichon

Link?:  Link

influx: over the top? definitely. The next mix will be lighter and trancier, especially at the end. The distorted loops and cuts will be outta there. I want to clean up the rhythm of the stuttered pad, as to better mesh with the timing of the other instruments.

gitai: I've gotten that before... arrangement is definitely my weakness. I look for other tracks upon which to model the song's progression, but most stuff I hear in this genre is pretty repetitive, and I don't want that. Should I put in some drum breaks or something to keep it interesting?

8life8: actually, I wanted you to scope out "Other Half" but thanks for your comments. I have plans for that track as well. Other Half has to come first though.

panama: the vocals and flute were my friend and roommate at the time (2 different people). I sang harmony, though. Vocal effects were done with a shitty Boss guitar FX box at the time... when remixed I plan to spend a lot of time on the vox and fx...

Thanks for all your feedback. I gotta finish this remix this month because the two guys who performed on it are coming to visit for my wedding and this remix is their gift. I really want this track to shape up and your comments are doin' it. Any others?

psylichon

Message 8/10             02-Aug-01  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: My epic dance track

Gitai Adir

I listened to your track again till the end, its a good track, many weeks of work I assume.
Different folks, differnt strokes, but still I like your track. I cannot tell you what to do, because u r the artist and what u think and feel is the best result for the track. I like the harder stuff but I can apprecite the effort and good qulity music. Good one mate !

P.s- How did you make that intro housey/trancey sound. Is it an arp playing a certain chord, or is it a melodic line, sounds really goods, wish I could do that.

If you r not busy I`d apprecite u having a listen to my tracks and tell me what you think because I`m into my Trance and Techno although I`m still an amateur artist. Good luck for the wedding and I`m sure your friends will be impressed with the track. Cheers, G.

Message 9/10             03-Aug-01  @  03:17 AM   -   RE: My epic dance track

psylichon

The sound in the beginning is just an arp on the Nova playing evolving chords. that one was really hard to "control" when you played it... I've made some since that you can make go however you want once you get used to the pattern. The arp on the Nova is an amazing melodic tool... if I could figure out how to record a sound as a MIDI file using Sonar, I'd up the sound and some other ones, too.

I've got a real slow connection right now, so I'll have to check out your tunes when the phone line gods permit me. Thanks for your comments though, and I'll definitely send some back your way...

psylichon

Message 10/10             03-Aug-01  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: My epic dance track

roller8

Hey this track has a lot to offer. The vocals have that kinda 80s new wave sound to them (not a slag). Now when the flute comes in I'm really waiting for the track to kick up a couple of more notches. Like a bunch of syncopating open/closed hats or something else. It just feels like it should be higher energy right in there. Of course you might have to bring it back down for the next verse. Great track

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)