aaa Akai MPC 2000 swing question... - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Akai MPC 2000 swing question...

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             01-Aug-01  @  02:26 PM   -   Akai MPC 2000 swing question...

freq3

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I have an Akai MPC 20000 (non XL) and I was wondering if someone could please help me with a swing quantize problem.

I've been producing really housey tracks lately but I'm having a probelm getting that trademark housey "shuffle" or that really off time HH
and closed HH thing with the cymbals. If you don't know what I'm talking about just listen to any funky house song. I've tried to use the swing on
the MPC w/ no luck.

Any help would be appreciated:O) Thanx!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             10-Aug-01  @  05:23 AM   -   RE: Akai MPC 2000 swing question...

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

well you can do it manualy mate - at the most basic (as a starting point to learn how) you put in a closed hat on each starting beat - thats 4 closed hats 1, 2, 3, 4......

then put in 4 open hats in between on the 1:3, 2:3, 3:3 & 4:3.....

then...... on the 1:2, 2:2, 3:2 & 4:2 beat put in another closed hat, and then nudge those notes back in time TOWARDS the open hat notes until it skips right - BUt reduce the velocity of those skip notes to about 60%...... try that

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)