aaa Headsup - new tune - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Headsup - new tune

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             02-Aug-01  @  12:02 AM   -   Headsup - new tune

ed

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Check the music side for our newly mastered version of "Fly with Me - 8M2W remix". Our single attempt at remixing was, as usual, a total failure. We just can't seem to be normal or insipid enough to gain any sort of respect in the music industry.

The tune has been up at http://www.mp3.com/eightminutesto for a few months, but we recently had the opportunity to have all our tunes mastered by one of the best engineers in the upper midwest of the U.S. of A. Gawsh and Ding-dang if it didn't make even crappy 24kbps Mp3s sound good!

I guess it's true, that ol' rule number 1. NEVER master your own work.

Cheers.

8M2W

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             02-Aug-01  @  06:21 AM   -   RE: Headsup - new tune

influx

Link?:  Link

hello. how are you? Im fine thanks

Message 3/11             02-Aug-01  @  06:56 AM   -   RE: Headsup - new tune

droog

Link?:  No link

ahahahha...dont know if you realize this or not..but the comment "We just can't seem to be normal or insipid enough to gain any sort of respect in the music industry," is probably the single most pretentious thing ive heard since some scientist tried to tell me that a fetus is an unborn child..the nerve! where do these people get off...*looks up insipid in dictionary to verify meaning* yup. that was pretentious. so long. oh by the way you definitely spent some time on that tune (which i listened to by the way) but i wouldnt want to listen to it again..seems disposable. sorry im being as candid as possible, but thats just my opinion. i cant see anyone hearing that and feeling compelled to give it another go...

Message 4/11             02-Aug-01  @  07:23 AM   -   RE: Headsup - new tune

influx

ouch.

I didnt want to say anything about the normal comment

why is it that some people just think they are the SHIT, while others remain humble?

anyway...my point is, this is a community. take part in it. dont just come here and say HEY LOOK AT US WE ARE DOPE. I, for one, will ignore you

hehe. like I matter

Message 5/11             02-Aug-01  @  09:17 AM   -   RE: Headsup - new tune

dARKSTATe

"NEVER master you own work.."

True.. but only if you don't know what you're doing or have spent too long in the company of the thing...

Peace

Marc_D

Message 6/11             02-Aug-01  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: Headsup - new tune

influx

hehe marc maybe I should have you master my shit

you know whos stuff sounds good lofi? that sharki guy. but he never showed his face again

something just IRKS me about the fucks taht dont come take part but want us to listen

Message 7/11             02-Aug-01  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: Headsup - new tune

dARKSTATe

Be happy to give it a go my friend.. ;)

Between Seb (our guy who *really* knows his shit) and me I reckon we can give it a hell of a go!  

Wanna talk detailz? Mail me..

Marc_D

Message 8/11             02-Aug-01  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: Headsup - new tune

k

i should point out, that's what this forum was created for

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/11             02-Aug-01  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: Headsup - new tune

ed

Welly, welly, welly, little Droogie. We're amused and somewhat gigglefied you found us pretentious. According to American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.:

ADJECTIVE: 1. Claiming or demanding a position of distinction or merit, especially when unjustified. 2. Making or marked by an extravagant outward show; ostentatious.

Just about defines all shew bidness, I'd be a thinkin'.

We ain't curein' cancer here, boyo. It's just a hobby.

Our humble appolyloggies should we offend.

Message 10/11             02-Aug-01  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: Headsup - new tune

influx

looks like eds here to stick around 

Message 11/11             03-Aug-01  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: Headsup - new tune

xoxos

don't shank him for being artificial. some people are just given to fabrication like that  

great. a nina remix. now i have to go and listen to master zap's 'early years' cd sitting completely still all the way through.

remember influx everybody's got a face and even if they're a piece of shit inside they've still got to be able to show it somewhere. if some character comes along and plays tripe i say 'that's tripe' but i wouldn't chuck people out unless they're destructive. there's always my freedom to not pay attention.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)