aaa A bit of feedback? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: A bit of feedback?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             06-Aug-01  @  01:19 AM   -   A bit of feedback?

sox

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey guys. I've just uploaded a rerecorded/remixed version of my track "Realisation" (UK Garage flava)and I'd like to get a bit of constructive criticism.
It's a bit different than most of the music everyone else does here (a bit more, dare I say it.... "Pop") and I've never asked anyone on the site for any feedback before so I thought I let you dudes and dudettes loose on it.

Cheers

sox

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             06-Aug-01  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: A bit of feedback?

brad

I like it- singer's good, good lyrics. The stand-up comedy bit in there is cool, even tho I can't really understand the dude...I don't like the slowed down vocal snippet right after it tho.

Shit's tight I think. Yeah it's pop- esp. that pizzicato/b-line melody, not 100% my taste but I could see how other ppl. would dig it. Strings are great, really add a lot. Cool!

Message 3/7             06-Aug-01  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: A bit of feedback?

bobby

Thanks guy. I been thinking about that vocal bit for awhile. It's supposed to be an answer to the lead vocal line but it gets in the way a bit.

Cheers for the positive vibe. I'm doing a mixdown of the next track (the "single") tomorrow and I'll post it up later this week.

sox

Message 4/7             06-Aug-01  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: A bit of feedback?

xoxos

sox - i didn't know your college was for socially disadvantaged (not sure what that means - socially as in socioeconomic?) maybe it's a cultural thing but i'm always giving out software (stateside) to kids who are into hiphop or whatever but it doesn't seem like anyone has the drive for it. one guy played with hammerhead but sold his pc casually. being a desktop producer just isn't part of what people want here i guess. but how do you like it over there?

couldn't find a thing worth criticising in the track. i was more or less imagining it to accompany a visual presentation, ie. an awards show, since the emphasis in the track is conceptual. i forget it exactly because i listened yesterday but there was one cut/juxtaposition that seemed to nicely imply/bring to mind personal responsibility. i forget the voice thing brad mentioned.

Message 5/7             07-Aug-01  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: A bit of feedback?

ed

Hard to tell about anything other than most basic structural stuff, what with it being 24 kbps. I'm sure there's lots of nice stuff in there I'm not even hearing. So I can't really comment on the mix.

That aside, nice composition. I'd like to see you try doing something with key changes in the middle. That's just my taste thought boyo.

Lovely vocal hook though, so you should go on and work it like that.

I've found it helpfull (although time consuming) to let something sit for a few weeks without listening. Then sometimes what's been missing with up and whack you upside the head with a golden twobyfour. Always nice when that happens.

Message 6/7             07-Aug-01  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: A bit of feedback?

sox

xoxos: Yeah, socioeconomic would be the word   Our courses are all free to people on benefits. Our ethos is about access. I just teach the technology aspect.
It is much different over here for the desktop producers. The British have this whole "I can do it just as good as they can" attitude (see '76-79 punk era for example) so the kids aren't as hung up on going into big studios and rerecording their stuff. Instruments are expensive and it's also difficult to find good musicians (plus record them). Over here they form bands before they can play an instrument and on the other side of the pond they tend to learn their instrument first then join a band (imho).
I give Hammerhead away regularly to the students with PC's. They use it a lot and I know they're also giving it away to their mates as well. Most of them are doing hip-hop stuff with it. Fruity Loops is the one for most of them though. Inexpensive to buy and does it all just about. I think a lot of the pro UK Garage producers are using Fruity Loops for their grooves as well.

sox

Message 7/7             08-Aug-01  @  01:27 AM   -   RE: A bit of feedback?

xoxos

nice. thinking about getting corporate support for a refurb pc distribution thing with av s/w. could make a living off admin. but me? no. hell there's probably still hospitals in new jersey that need computers.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)