aaa Sample this.. - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Sample this..

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             08-Aug-01  @  12:57 AM   -   Sample this..

Gitai Adir

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi dudes, Ive posted a raw track, sounds like hardcore techno, I`d apprteciate any comments, tips.......Cheers
Track Name: Distortion Trip !

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             13-Aug-01  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: Sample this..

Bazziman

Link?: Link

Yep this sounds is defenately coming back to the masses here in Holland...I went to the FFWD dance parade in Rotterdam this weekend and this kinda of raw sound is really moving the crowds....I was missing a nice bit of bassline tho (at least that's what i would have liked as an extra bit...to get it groovin' just a tad bit more....)

keep this up...i liked that guitar like sound after about 2 mins...

Message 3/15             14-Aug-01  @  02:38 AM   -   RE: Sample this..

Gitai Adir

Yay dude, thanks for listening, I was sort of giving up on any one responding, the track is really raw,but thanks for the advice and look out for a remix with a lot more groove, ... well I`ll do my best... Cheers !

Message 4/15             14-Aug-01  @  02:14 PM   -   RE: Sample this..

Bazziman

drop me a line when you do.

Message 5/15             14-Aug-01  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Sample this..

Gitai Adir

Well do man, actually i`ll drop u an e-mail. When r u going to post your tracks, I was hoping to listen to your stuff.........If u need any help or want to chat, I`d be more than happy to correspond with you.....just send me an email, adirgitai@hotmail.com, cheers, Bazziman/Hajee, almost wrote hashi....eh, eh ...was that funny, er, I hope......................Cheers.

Message 6/15             15-Aug-01  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Sample this..

Bazziman

shalom Gitai..i added your mail address to my hotmail... my tracks are still not realy out in the open... still too much to do, too much to learn, too lazy to stuff finished...

Message 7/15             17-Aug-01  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: Sample this..

fuckwit

Had a listen to Eclipse.... fuckin cool.
Dark n nasty, & wasn't at all disappointed when the trance line came in. I'd agree that after the trancey bit starts, a good throbbing bassline wouldn't go amiss, together with some deep filter sweeps on the lead.... 'n' you've got a scorcher.

Message 8/15             17-Aug-01  @  10:14 AM   -   RE: Sample this..

Gitai Adir

Thanks, I`ve been trying to get a throbbing bassline but it aint easy, basslines are still eluding me. I heard your track, sounds like hard house to me. Your tempo must be like 150-155, man thats to fast for me, but anyway thanks for the advise......Cheers!

Message 9/15             17-Aug-01  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Sample this..

xoxos

get a 1 osc monosynth w/ no modulation and go on vacation with it.

Message 10/15             18-Aug-01  @  01:01 AM   -   RE: Sample this..

fuckwit

Not a good idea just trying to 'add' a bassline to a track....
best idea.... though in my feeble, huble opinion.....
(& this by no means is saying your track's not up to it, 'cos it is)
......is, and you're going to hate this.... tear you track apart. Forget the mastering, eq & mixing.
Take all the good bits, find a bass you like that fits in well with the kik, & work the other bits around it.... sounds a bit primative, but it usually works.... work from the bassline upwards.
Fuck, I bore myself sometimes, so stop reading this shite 'n' get writing that tune.... go o-on
let's rock ya cunt!

Message 11/15             18-Aug-01  @  04:59 AM   -   RE: Sample this..

Panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

yea, this music needs a monosynth.

go to town with a Pro-One, SH-101, SH-09, or
a ARP Odyssey.

I would go for a mint Pro One. lots of
modulation... Make sure its it good condition
tho, especially the keyboard. That fucker falls
apart. The sh-101 would be a good choice
too, but its scope is narrow. You'd have to
throw on some effects to change that classic
Roland sound.

Message 12/15             18-Aug-01  @  07:30 AM   -   RE: Sample this..

Giati Adir

I`m definitely taking the track apart, I`ll try your approach wit, XOxos, I don`t have the money for a monosynth at the moment and definetly not another vacation, but I`m sue Id be able to make rack space for one, hyperreal, what does a monosynth have that a polyphonic does not, unless we are talking analog verse digital...Thx for listening,...when I get back to my studio I`ll get into those basslines....Taa

Message 13/15             18-Aug-01  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Sample this..

xoxos

people argue until they are dead in the face about analog warmth et c.. there is a difference, but what i meant is if you're only using a monophonic instrument, you're going to be forced to write monophonic sequences.. ergo you'll probably strengthen those skills pertinent to ass lines, which are usually monophonic. i got better at stringing phrases together when i got a bassstation keys.. spent hours and hours doing it.

i can't type any more. i don't know what's happening.. bass lines.. bass lines..

Message 14/15             19-Aug-01  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: Sample this..

Gitai Adir

Thx,xoxos, i listened to some of your stuff and like it quite a diversity of genre, starry nite is just in the opposite direction all together..
Synth programming and creating mono/poly basslines is a serious skill not easily aquired, but many hours practice does yield a result although not for me. It is so hard for me to get an original sound which sounds wicked out of my nord lead 2 for basslines. Maybe I need to make a move to some old analog gear. I was thinking of the studio electronics ....but that is expensive shit....well i still have my sampler to try and put a bassline out, got four zones, could be intresting, but without sound design knoledge it is sort of looking for a needle in a haystack................Anyway Cheers, tomorrow I am flying to Malaga, so no DT for awhile, scratch the walls but I`ll live.....Cheers & Thx !

Message 15/15             19-Aug-01  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: Sample this..

xoxos

malaga is great.. but i hate those dive bombers. and the missiles look like dog penises.

four zones? you got an akai? i *heart* my nord 1.. great for layering sounds. when i want bass it's too easy to defer to analog.. but i can pull a bass out of anything i have.. probably because i'm not very picky - too old to be cool (or something.)

i've been listening to old tapes of stuff i did in the 90's on a mirage.. 64k sample memory and i've got 90 minute cassette after 90 minute cassette.. maybe 30 of them back to back representing about five years of fucking a mirage. hell did i put that thing through it's paces.. and none of that crap is anywhere near listenable.

maybe spending wouldn't be good.. it'd just give you one more thing to learn which would directly oppose your goal of becoming better at patching stuff.. then again.. maybe the contrast of analog vs. your digitals would be stimulating.. think i know someone with an sh101 for $250.. add a cv for $100 is a way in to find out.

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)