aaa Ascender by milan - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Ascender by milan

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             08-Aug-01  @  11:21 PM   -   Ascender by milan

Milan

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

so...i finaly decided to post something. "ascender" is something iŽm working on, iŽd call it trancey drumŽnŽbass, but tell me what you think.

i also posted a snippet of another track. iŽd post more of it, but my sequencer is down at the moment, so i cant record it. give me some motivation to get it up and running again.

cheers, M.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             10-Aug-01  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: Ascender by milan

roller8

Link?: Link

Nice track. Seems to progress well and the arrangement keeps it pretty fresh and driving. I like the choice of drum sounds you used too. On the dancefloor I'm craving a jump up in energy around the 5 minute mark when the drums come back in. Like some obnoxious drum loop snippets or some counter snares, more syncopated percussion or whatever. Just to drive it home with a climax.

Well the track is great just as it is too. Like any track you could go on adding more to it forever and I'm a big advocate of getting a track DONE. So good job.

Message 3/9             11-Aug-01  @  05:24 AM   -   RE: Ascender by milan

Panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Well, I really don't have any motivation for you...
I usually down-motivate people. Whereas, I tell
you to do things differently, so you can be
motivated to supplement your musical view
with a different approach. But, anyhow, here
goes...

I liked the intro, nice. But soon or later, it got
too reppetitive. That filtered percussive sound
got annoying. This was because, it was over
played AND it stuck out more than the other
parts. You need to throw something else in. I
usually have this problem myself, too... It
plagues me like a bitch. So, I really don't have
any advice in telling you how to change it... But,
I can say, get some different emotion going.
Try to push your mind as far as you can... If it
doesn't work that night... give up and try a
whole new tune the next night or day.

And you know something. karma will get me. I
tell you to do these things and how to do them.
BUT what do I know if I'am right... do I bring the
broken chair a new leg... prolly not. so kind of
ignore me, but kind of don't. Cuse, one day,
someone will judge me.

Message 4/9             11-Aug-01  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: Ascender by milan

god's buddy

Link?:  No link

we already have panama, we already have...

Message 5/9             11-Aug-01  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: Ascender by milan

xoxos

heh..

panama.. if you're trying to get more out of your style and can't, relax and do some "fun" renderings in other styles, ie. do some wack fake heavy metal or some big band imitation.. you might find that in doing so, you tend to use different rhythmic patterns and tone progressions than you would doing your thing. at least it will give you some new flavours. clarinets..

i've had this experience where i seemed to be seeking a certain style, but when i found it, i only had so many definate elements i felt were really intrinsic to that style.. so when i use it, there's always some concession/blend to flesh it out. ocurse this is my experience about something probably different.

Message 6/9             11-Aug-01  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: Ascender by milan

Panama

Link?:  No link

Good advice, man. But, my problem is timing and energy. Pinnacles and transitions have to be the hardest thing for me to do. I can get the main song idea down, but sooner or later, I lose the feel during the second most important parts. Transitions and verse changes or add-ons.

I'm a house guy. I've tried breakbeat, no luck. I've done acoustic guitar with beats... I felt good about that. I've done symphonic rap... I was okay. But to me, house musik is soo special. I could listen to 4/4 all day. such a simple style, with many genres...

Anyhow, I'll post up a track soon, once I figure out how to upload with a mac. Then I'll let you hear...

Message 7/9             12-Aug-01  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: Ascender by milan

milan

ok guys, THIS IS MY THREAD!!! you may only talk about MY music here!

(ha, iŽve been waiting to use that one  

thanks for the comments, i get the impression that the my basic idea was alright, and that the track is worth finishing. i did intend to bring other elements (just a few) into the game, but iŽll have to reinstall the whole bloody machine first. always a bother...

anyone else wants to comment? iŽd appreciate it.

Message 8/9             12-Aug-01  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: Ascender by milan

xoxos

okay, i'm going to listen again, and really try to come up with somethnig to say..   aah.. i remember it now.. obviously got a handle on your sound.. on this track, i like the echoing thing that runs thru it.. didn't say anything else because i hear a lot of tracks with a similar style that all run long like this track.. i don't get this really.. must be a modern taste thing. really i think it's that my ears are too beat up that i cringe whenever i hear a beat.. i'll listen long enough to see what's on top of it, but repetitive beats are basically health problems for me..

gotta rest off loudness a year or two after all that hip-hop..

Message 9/9             16-Aug-01  @  08:17 PM     Edit: 16-Aug-01  |  08:19 PM   -   RE: Ascender by milan

milan

whoa... just returned from an exausting trip to the mountains...

yeah xoxos, i have that echoing thingy going thru the whole track, but it should be replaced by some elements later on, thereŽs still some work to be done. thanks for the comment, i appreciate it! that goes to everyone of course.

ok, now where is that INFLUX!? he was going on about me not posting any tunes, and now that iŽve got one heŽs not making a comment...what a wus. he is probably afraid  

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)