aaa Nord Modular for the masses :O) - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nord Modular for the masses :O)

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             09-Aug-01  @  10:51 AM   -   Nord Modular for the masses :O)

freq3

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I noticed a couple of people in the other message stating that they had a NM. I've had my NM keys for about 8 months now AND I LOVE THAT THING!!!! I didn't really have any experience in the ways of synthesis... until now :O)

The point of this message is to get all the modular users to start writing about anything pertaining to the NM:O) peace

Freq3

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             10-Aug-01  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: Nord Modular for the masses :O)

Varice

Link?:  No link

Hello again Freq3,

Yep, I know how you feel, I've got a pretty serious crush on my Modular Rack. That green eyed red head is really hot, and boy can she purr, growl, and sing!

I'm still checking out a bunch of patches that I downloaded from Clavia's website and others. There's thousands of them! (Hell, I have not even played and explored all of the factory patches loaded in the synth yet!) This machine is very deep. It's a major tool for sonic sculpting. My biggest regret - that I didn't buy it when it first came out!

Well, enough chatter for now. Time to start sequencing and synthesizing!

Varice

Message 3/7             28-Aug-01  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: Nord Modular for the masses :O)

GT

Yo, now down to a VX5080 and a Nord Mod keyboard with 8 dsp's. Use to have a Nova, NL2 etc, but heh heh, don't need em. I'm STILL sorting through inet patches in amazement. Best VA synth purchase yet!

Anyone put a Virus B head-to-head up to the Nord Mod ? Just curious.

Message 4/7             17-Sep-01  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Nord Modular for the masses :O)

8life8

so can that thing be sound like a NL3, (not as prefermance friendly though), and just curius how does it comper to the nova, I had a nova I didn't like the filters and to b honest I though it sounded a bit plastik (but what VA doesn't?) I guess it's a very good thing if u do trance.. but although filter sweeps aside I was getting some amazingly cool things out of it and I've yet to find anything with as breathtaking pads as the litlle blue box.. I'm so close to buying another .. stop me if u can  

Message 5/7             22-Sep-01  @  05:56 PM   -   RE: Nord Modular for the masses :O)

GT

I'd have a serious look at the Nord Mod (not micro). The filters are top top, but they're not eq heavy like the Nova is.

On a differnent not, I didn't see really too much change on the NL3 that makes me warm up the credit card over my previous NL2. The NL2 was overlap with the Nord Mod for me.

Reaktor is another contender, more versitile than anything I've messed with. I'm using Dynamo on a 1.4Ghz which really works well.

Message 6/7             23-Sep-01  @  05:42 AM   -   RE: Nord Modular for the masses :O)

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

I think there is supposed to be a new OS for the mod soon that will bring it up to the NL3's capabilities.

Message 7/7             28-Sep-01  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: Nord Modular for the masses :O)

GT

Yep, the World will soon see a Nord Mod 2 soon. Com'on Clavia, sample RAM!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)