aaa that bass - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: that bass

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             09-Aug-01  @  04:07 PM   -   that bass

Bastiaan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm trying to create one of those 'liquidish' monobasses...i know I probably should use a saw wave, some filtering and legato...
I want that 'moving' liquidish, warm bassish sound with that 'burning edge' if you know what i mean...

but they just dont cut it...I own an an1x and a nova and at least one of these machines should be able to do it... (i am thinking of stuff like oizo, and that 'if at first you don't succeed' sound if you know what i mean)

some pointers?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             11-Aug-01  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: that bass

k

please add some audio mp3 examples mate - you can add a short snippet to your frorum posts if you are logged in.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/13             12-Aug-01  @  05:42 AM   -   RE: that bass

Panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

sh-101

Message 4/13             13-Aug-01  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: that bass

Bazziman

I'll try and find a snippet....one sec

Message 5/13             13-Aug-01  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: that bass

Bazziman

BTW i think it's an Aaliya track...I'm talking about in particular.

Message 6/13             14-Aug-01  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: that bass

steve

Link?:  No link

sawtooth, 18db lopass filter, muchos resonance, increase the attack time on the filter envelope, maybe even route velocity to f.env attack to time to make it a bit more lively and then plenty of legato?

Message 7/13             14-Aug-01  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: that bass

steve

oh yeah - some filter frequency and/or resonance to velocity too.

Message 8/13             14-Aug-01  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: that bass

noah

if possible (don't know that gear) run a lp filter and hp filter in series and use the hp filter to bring some low end in and out. perhaps thats the "movement" you dig. If "oizo" is Mr. Ozo, I think he does that a lot with an MS-20. Wicked sound.--noah

Message 9/13             14-Aug-01  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: that bass

k

ah! - the MS is a god synth aint it.... Reaktor3 has an MS20 model you can load.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/13             15-Aug-01  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: that bass

Bazziman

well i was kinda going in the saw/18db lp filter direction...I'm getiing close (playing skills aside) but still both the an1x and my nova are lacking that certain 'warm edge' (i really dont know how to say this in words) I guess I finally am starting to see that some things are beyonds VA's and should be done on ms20's, sh101 or Pulses....

Is this where digital is still loosing compared to those beasties of yonderyear...?? Or is this lil extra all being added in postporduction using special equipment and tricks???

Message 11/13             16-Aug-01  @  02:53 AM   -   RE: that bass

k

well yes, VA is never going toi sound like a vintage, but with compression and in a mix is where you need to hear it, in situ, then it gets very close, almost indistinguishable.

Message 12/13             16-Aug-01  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: that bass

Bazziman

heheh...I'd never thought I turn out to be one of those claiming they could hear that difference..

Message 13/13             16-Aug-01  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: that bass

steve

the nova can do the aaliyah sound no problem, you just need to try harder. The oizo sound is beyond the realkms of digital, of course.

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)