aaa I value your opinions... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: I value your opinions...

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             11-Aug-01  @  10:27 PM   -   I value your opinions...

mage2k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok, guyz, I need to ask you to go to another site and listen to the new track I just posted there... Why not just post it on this site? Well, it's simply just too big. It clocks in at just over 12 minutes and was made with full use of the pan and I refuse to hurt myself by cutting it short and converting it to mono because central parts of the song use stereo effects... Anywayz, it's kind of an electro-tech-trance thingy... AND!!! I really want some opinions from the members of site because in the last 2 months I've been lurking around this site, I've seen some really good constructive criticism offered up by you guyz... The track is at http://www.sectionz.net in the MP3z section and is called "Electric Purple"...

Mage

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             12-Aug-01  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: I value your opinions...

Jasper

11mb is a lot for most people to download, the track is fine, more suited to ambient I think but you sound like you know what your doing.

It's not my usual cup of tea but I like it. You could finish it arounf 7:30 though and cut 30 secs off the start, if you want to tech it up it could use some kind of work with the rythm sounds. But all in all your musical ability and choice of sounds is pretty good.

Message 3/7             12-Aug-01  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: I value your opinions...

mage2k

Thanks for the feedback and comments, man. I know what your saying about the length, and I might do a shortened remix to make it easier for people to download and listen to, but the length was actually deliberate as I'm a dj and one think I look for in a record is long -- long so I can run long mixes or mix in or out whenever I want. Long records give djs more options for what they can do with a track. Short records make me feel rushed. But, I do see the point in the download size...

Message 4/7             12-Aug-01  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: I value your opinions...

Jasper

That's fair enough comment, I could imagine it in a set in a more chilled out room, In fact my mate would play it if it had a darker feel.

The trouble with uploading tracks is you have to hold the pride a bit, no producer likes raping their own tracks to 24kbps but it actually gave me more ideas when I heard the results.

Message 5/7             12-Aug-01  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: I value your opinions...

mage2k

I was thinking more like a 3 or 4am trance set, but, hey, to each his own... And, as far as the teching it up with the drum track I agree, unfortunately I don't know a lot about writing drum tracks (I've only been writing music for about 3 months now), so, any pointers? It seems you do know what you're doing considering that skuzzbag track... it rocks, dude...

Mage

Message 6/7             12-Aug-01  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: I value your opinions...

Jasper

Yeah no problem, not here though cos this is your thread. I'll have a chat in the drum grooves forum if you like, fire away in there. (btw - I'm shit at music so there you go).

Message 7/7             12-Aug-01  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: I value your opinions...

xoxos

Link?: Link

i'll leave these for the people with vegelines, or whatever that fast internet stuff is called.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)