aaa Nova strange behaviour - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova strange behaviour

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             14-Aug-01  @  04:05 PM   -   Nova strange behaviour

Arnaldo Cavioli Ortega

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello guys!

Those on you already subscribed to YahooGroup's supernova mail list may already heard about my problem. I bought my Nova used working perfectly last dec/2000. Since last month it is rebooting itselft after few minutes working.

Seems that the more I use it the less it takes to reboot. Also if I just leave it there untouched without playing anything, it takes longer to reboot. Except for rebooting itself, every functionality is working fine.

After discussing with guys on supernova@yahoo... I concluded it's a power supply failure and I'll probably order a new one to replace it but I'd like to hear from you if someone has ever seen this strange behaviour.

Also, guys at Novation, any clues? Do you agree or not this should be a supply failure?

Thanks everyone!
Arnaldo.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             15-Aug-01  @  12:01 AM   -   RE: Nova strange behaviour

k

Link?: Link

have you tried to re-install the OS?... I'd say it's best to return it for a full service & repair, but it depends where you are and how easy that is to do.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/11             15-Aug-01  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: Nova strange behaviour

Arnaldo Cavioli Ortega

Yes, I though about reinstalling OS or either recalling original OS 3.0 from ROM but as the module is rebooting itself I'm affraid to do it. I'm from Brazil and unfortunatelly Novation does not have dealers here.

Message 4/11             15-Aug-01  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: Nova strange behaviour

Deano

Link?:  Link

Just a thought. Is it a temperature problem? I guess it's pretty hot in Brazil. Is the SN mounted in a rack with not much air flow around it? I had some weird problems with a sampler and it turned out to be because it was in the rack directly above a synth module and was overheating.

Message 5/11             15-Aug-01  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: Nova strange behaviour

Arnaldo Cavioli Ortega

Hi Deano!

Brazil is a really large country and we have average temperatures going from the 15 Celsius on the south to 35 Celsius on the north. I live in the south and the temperature is below 20 Celsius this days (it's winter here).

But besides that, one of the things that lead me to conclude the it's a problem on the supply is that as the supply gets warmer (just a little bit, not hot like Pentium processors) Nova behaviour gets worst, i.e., it takes shorter time running before rebooting itself.

Regards,
Arnaldo.

Message 6/11             15-Aug-01  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: Nova strange behaviour

k

there's no Brazilian distributor?.. are you sure?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/11             15-Aug-01  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Nova strange behaviour

Arnaldo Cavioli Ortega

I'm sure, K! I contacted Novation UK. This is too sad, Novation has great machines but brazilian market has to buy Korg, Roland and Yamaha that are the greatest and best organized dealers here.

I believe Novation should consider contracting a dealer here. Specially in Sao Paulo state, dance/trance hype is great and we have a strong demand for synths to rock bands either.

Message 8/11             28-Aug-01  @  12:27 PM   -   RE: Nova strange behaviour

WarlocK'88 ®

Hi All
i have just the same Problem with my Nova .

Every Time i have a good Sound That Beast will
reseting itself. On a few Minutes or Hours.
( i hate it therefore ! )

Even more i have used The Nova, then i have
more crashes. 2 - 3 time a Day.

Anyway i have bring that Nova Back to my Vendor
for a Repair or Replace. And he says that
the Power-Supply may be have a Problem.

And i'am Still waiting for Solving
of that Problem.

Bye WarlocK'88

Message 9/11             29-Aug-01  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: Nova strange behaviour

arnaldo.ortega

Hello!

Fortunatelly it WAS a power supply problem. I just got a new one and Nova is now up and running for more than 3 hours without any problem or reboot.

So, if your Nova is booting itself, check the supply! Thanks for all replies!

Cheers,
Arnaldo.

Message 10/11             18-Sep-01  @  01:01 AM     Edit: 18-Sep-01  |  01:03 AM   -   RE: Nova strange behaviour-Pre-sets Disappear!

John Hunter

I've just gotten a Nova, OS 4.1 and on several ocassions presets in Bank A & B 000 through 23 disappear! That is when scrolling down from higher pre-sets and reaching 23 I instead see pre-set #116!

I've tried using restore all programs command from the global menu. It worked once but not after the 2nd time this happened.

Any help appreciated.

Black Lotus

Message 11/11             09-Oct-01  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: Nova strange behaviour

WarlocK'88 ®

Hi John
This Evening i ve got my ' Nova 1 ' Back from the Repair. (Powersupply)

My First Step was the Bios-Update from OS4.0 to OS4.1 then
I have try to solve your Problem with your declaration.
Presets Hiher 023 and scrolling down with the Knob to 000.
But i see every Preset-Name correct.

May be you must install(Uploading) your Nova-Bios(4.1) new

Greetings Warlock'88

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)