aaa Rape your eardrums! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Rape your eardrums!

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/19             15-Aug-01  @  12:12 AM     Edit: 15-Aug-01  |  12:15 AM   -   Rape your eardrums!

Skuzzbag

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

See what you think, if you please   - it ends suddenly though. 2 versions 24kbps and 40kbps, cos my stuff just doesn't convert to 24 very well at all :P

Anyone else like Ealing comedies btw?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             15-Aug-01  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

sitar

Link?:  Link

Love the thread title. Will have to submit my poor virgin ears to the abuse when I can.

Message 3/19             15-Aug-01  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

k

Link?: Link

yeah, Classic film!... I like the one where they are in Jail with the vicar (Wilfred Hyde White) who leads the Mob from the outside - the 'soft' warden is the guy who always runs 'the local tavern' in Hammer Dracula films   ha ha .. & Lional Jeffries is the 'bastard screw from hell'.

yeah those ealing flims man... not just the comedies either - '10 Rillington Place' anyone ?.. Dickey Attenborough at his best & a good early showing for John Hurt!

Y'know, it's weird, all the great old flims and at night they show any old utter crap as long as it's in colour... so we get endless bland yank drama's about 'single lone-parent women who find their strength thru lone struggle' (usualy starring an ex 'charlies angel' or any bird trying to make a movie to get 'respect' from women back), or pointless crappy B movie murder flims, when all the while those old classics sit on the shelf... and the bigger irony is, when any of the cuurent crop of top actors & directors in the world is asked about films, these are the ones they hold up as the best films ever made...

"so why they dont show them eh Keys?.. there's something-about-it-I-dont-like ya hear Keys!!... something fishy... something i cant quite put my finger on.. I tell ya Keys!.. This all stinks, and I'm going to get to the bottom of it I tell ya!!"

heh heh...  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/19             15-Aug-01  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

k

still prefer the lo-fi version tho - it is more banging  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/19             15-Aug-01  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

Jasper

I think the class stuff about them is the way they made the films really funny without strict gags or 1-liners, it's just the pure genius of having great actors that fitted the part spot on.

My favorite bit in the ladykillers is when one of the gang walks into the house to find alec guiness playing the piano and peter sellers is singing old songs along with the old women and two of her mates. the look on alec guiness's face is classic!

How come the lo-fi version is more banging k? cos of the frequencies removed and that? tell me! tell me!

Message 6/19             15-Aug-01  @  07:51 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

Jasper

Ah, just listened again, I think I know what you mean, the bass/kick gells better in the lo-fi and has more presence and growl. I'll have a go at fixing that when I can.

Message 7/19             16-Aug-01  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

night333

This is good, I really like this...

Message 8/19             16-Aug-01  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

sitar

I like this lots. Listening Lo Fi. Good drums. I can see the ravers jumping right on it. I like when drums have that certain primal feeling to them. I can hear this coming out of Nigeria or Burundi maybe.

Oh, Ladykiller is what we're talking about right? That's what I'm listening to.

Message 9/19             16-Aug-01  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

monkeyboy

man, you got it going on with the drums mate, bloody blew me away, both your tracks. sounded totally pro to my ears.hope your gonna try to get these babies released, good luck if you do. i think they sound great as they are.

Message 10/19             16-Aug-01  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

Jasper

I am now mate  

Got another track in the pipeline, I want to send three. You've all got me burning to write tracks :D now!

Think I'll call it ladykiller btw, better than rip n shred. cheers sitar.

Message 11/19             17-Aug-01  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

xoxos

how long you been settin' on this jasper?

Message 12/19             17-Aug-01  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

Jasper

Well I've been writing stuff like this for a few years (I've been writing techno for about 6 years), but it never sounded right. When I got cubase vst I started messing with putting a decent eq and a multi-band limiter directly on the stereo outs and suddenly everything sounded how I allways wanted it to.

These tracks aren't as complete as I usually do em, there are rough edges to be cleaned up, sounds that come in about a bar late and stuff. Some bridges are repeats of earlier ones and sound a bit cheap to my ears.

Message 13/19             17-Aug-01  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

xoxos

i've kicked all my hip-hop guys out..

i find weed is fantastic for atmospheric sound creation and for listening to stuff.. i have a hard time following through on more involved projects as such.. i get sidetracked and come up with a bunch of floaty noises.

dunno if you quit quit.. a bit of high after i've 'finished' is a good thing.. revealing.. like.. after 3 months of straight work..

Message 14/19             17-Aug-01  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

Jasper

are you answering that other thread too? that really freaked me out for a minute..

Message 15/19             17-Aug-01  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

xoxos

what other thread? i *know* jasper.. all about you and the evil weed.. i can just sense it..

Message 16/19             18-Aug-01  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

Jasper

they're everywhere I tell you!

you kicked all the b-boys out? why? too much 'I'm the baddest' vibes going on eh?

Message 17/19             18-Aug-01  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

xoxos

actually, some punk who thought i owed him a recording career nicked my md recorder, so it was a convenient excuse to shut down shop and get back to me. just the right time.. finished two very satisfying albums capturing what i intended to. it was a good way of telling everyone else "i'm through (if this is what's going to happen)" without any bruised egos.. everyone understood. pretty good guys, but young guys.. even the best think they're destined.. no entelechic method whatsoever.

i hated it too.. i *knew* he was going to do it.. last time he came round, i compulsively hid it. the time he nicked it a couple of guys were already over and he just walked in, so i didn't have time to go hide it. i almost jumped when i saw him.. it's funny though. like i said, i *knew* it, but more subconciously. thought he looked like a thief the minute i met him (more attention to that vibe in the future..) but somehow i just gave him the opportunity and left the room unattended. he's the precious son of some drug family which includes half the cops in town.. i get the feeling i did the right thing and satisfied him, because the cops would have helped him carry my stuff out. it just needed to happen i guess.

ogb were cool.. equal parts i'm the baddest/i'm the wackest. the elements finally got tricked into performing at a club (with double 0's crew.. mr. "shiny"/"octave") they're packed with talent; just need to apply it productively. their big break was conveniently timed with my bad news.. perfect.

i have shit luck with mds. that was my third one.

Message 18/19             19-Aug-01  @  03:32 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

influx

rurik. I will hunt him for you.

I got your CDs and I have to say that the ONLY thing I can listen to is the music. IMO there isnt much of what we call "talent" in those "rhymes". Ive never heard anyone say "MFer" so many times. It got annoying to tell the truth. I will listen again most definitely just to make sure I wasnt hasty but...people who lack skills and vocab seem to enjoy replacing effort with cusswords. big turnoff for this mutt

Message 19/19             20-Aug-01  @  01:39 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

xoxos

it's the vibe.. ie. skillz was incredibly spontaneous.. keo has been flowing better since then.. he does the 'smash your ass all over' bit.. jeromy is the motherfucker guy, but he's way smooth. he can freestyle for.. until everyone gets pissed at him.. stuff like that 'smoke so much pot motherfuckers want to plant me..' too funny. and obg just sucks.. but i love that sucky vibe.. takes me waaay back.. that's what that's all about. why i leave loads of bits in the tracks of background talking, et c.

just for fun, not serious.

if it was, they'd do it themselves, wouldn't they ;)

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)