aaa Sampling beats for techno - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Sampling beats for techno

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             26-Aug-01  @  12:13 AM   -   Sampling beats for techno

JT

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I wanted to know what everyone's take on sampling rhythms for Techno was. I don't really ever sample other records much to use when creating Techno beats, but i have noticed that some of my drums just aren't sounding as top shelf as i want them to. I use a lot of one shot drum samples, yes they have been sampled, but what I'm referring to is using sliced hits from songs. I was wondering if a lot of you use this method to create Techno? If you do what do you think some of the advantages of using sliced samples are as opposed to using regular sampled one shot drums. I have been enjoying some of Users productions as of late, does anyone know if he uses a lot of drums sampled from other tracks? I know a Hip hop friend of mine uses this method a lot but I was wondering if it was common practice in Techno as well? Cheers! JT

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             26-Aug-01  @  10:40 AM     Edit: 28-Aug-01  |  10:07 PM   -   RE: Sampling beats for techno

Jasper

Don't want this to sound like a plug but I write techno mainly using percussion cuts/slices, I've got two tracks up and both use this method (same samples which is why they sound the same).

The only stuff that isn't cuts on the tracks is the hats and the kick.

If I was to upload a version of my tracks that weren't being eq'd and compressed (with tc native eq & db multiband limiter) they'd sound dull and not very up front (erm more so, for any funny people).

Hope this helps.

Message 3/4             27-Aug-01  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: Sampling beats for techno

Chris

Hey Jasper, can we hear any of these tracks your working somewhere??? CM

Message 4/4             27-Aug-01  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: Sampling beats for techno

Jasper

Click the view user link.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)