aaa Sys-Ex handling via USB - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Sys-Ex handling via USB

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             26-Aug-01  @  10:52 AM   -   Sys-Ex handling via USB

Im Nebel

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I got back my Nova few days ago and I planned to upgrade to OS4.1 this weekend; but, unfortunately, the display shows "Packet error", no matter if I play the MIDI file at 30 bpm or faster. Then I tried to restore some programs saved by sysex dump, amd then again I get an error message. I'm using Cubase through a Tascam US428 USB interface; I read the manual addendum of the Nova, and there is a note "At the point of writing no USB interface known can reliably to this (sending the OS file); did anyone upgrade to OS4 through A US428, or through a similar USB interface, in conjunction with Cubase? Did you experience any problems? Any suggestion/response is really appreciated, I can't upgrade to OS4.1 if I can't get it sorted  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             26-Aug-01  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: Sys-Ex handling via USB

influx

Link?:  Link

not to a novation but I have a USB midi interface and use sysex with my virus all the time.

Message 3/5             27-Aug-01  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: Sys-Ex handling via USB

Bastiaan (Hajee)

is have the midiman usb2x2 and the ux256 by yamaha...both work fine...the midiman was used to upgrade the os...i think...or maybe the joystick port on my sblive...try that...try the joystickport on yer sound card (or that on a friend computer...if you haven't got one)

good luck

Message 4/5             28-Aug-01  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: Sys-Ex handling via USB

chris

Steinberg Midex8 worked fine for me upgrading my SN2 keyboard.

I'd make sure you've got all the latest drivers for the interface and motherboard as a first step (if you haven't already)...

Chris

Message 5/5             28-Aug-01  @  09:46 AM   -   RE: Sys-Ex handling via USB

Im Nebel

I downloaded the v3.0 drivers for the US428 from the Tascam website right now; I hope it will fix the gap; thank you very much for your help; I'll give it a try tonight

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)