aaa Slight Problem. Please help. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Slight Problem. Please help.

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14             06-Sep-01  @  08:03 AM   -   Slight Problem. Please help.

Serfiss

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hi, i have this Emu XL1 9 (X-treme lead), and I have found what appears to be a hole with no escape. I've got two effects modules. A, and B. All the new EMU release rack units have the same effects layout. Anyhow, each effects module contains a different array of effects. When using delay on effects A there is no option readily available to adjust the time of the ghost note. This is driving me CRAZY! In effects B the time is plain and clear, it even automatches to the tempo in realtime... but for real ... if I want to use the flanger from effects-B, cause A doesn't have a flanger, I have to rely on A for any delay. Unfortunately I cannot control the timing. If anyone knows something I don't please help, I sent a letter to tech-support, but you know how that works out. I have a show in three weeks, and I want to use that delay.

Thanks.
Wesley D.
www.evolbeats.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             07-Sep-01  @  01:56 PM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

k

a delay with no timing adjuster?.. weird?.. isnt there any section for editing the fx outside of the setup for sounds where you actualy apply them to sounds?... does any of the bank_A fx have editing parameter's?...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/14             08-Sep-01  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

steve

Link?:  No link

looking at efxa on sampler which has the same card ........ummmmm........ it doesn`t seem to have one does it? Theres decay time and hf damping, but no delay time (!?!).

Hang on, lemme just check the manual to see what it says........

ok, thats incredible - can`t be done. It just says on fxa you get 2 parameters: decay time and hf damping(!) I think this is because fxa is really the verb processor and then b is for mainly delay based efx but its still f.ucking ridiculous. Why the hell did they bother?

You only get 2 outs with the xl1 as standard too right? So you can`t even apply efx externally to any more than 2 mono sources. Thats fuctup.

Message 4/14             08-Sep-01  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

steve

what happens if you send midi clock to the xl-1? It doesn`t mention this doing anything in the manual but it may be worth a try.

Message 5/14             08-Sep-01  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

Serfiss

hey,

Midi time clock does no good. it helps not. it is rather messed up isn't it. I sent them a letter, I hope they respond before my show. maybe FX-A is supposed to be more for reverb, well then it shouldn't have a delay. delay with no time option, what is this world coming to.

ARghhh....

thanks anyhow.

Wesley D.
www.evolbeats.com

Message 6/14             08-Sep-01  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

milan

Link?:  Link

isnt that a standard EMU practice to have fx-A for reverb and delay, and fx-B for modulation and such? i know thats its like that on my esi, and think its the same on a 6400 and on proteus 2k.

the reason why delay is in the reverb section is that a reverb is nothing but a series of very short delays. thats why dedicated delay units sometimes have reverb presets.

Message 7/14             10-Sep-01  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

Serfiss

um, yo Milan, the exact problem is that my delay stays at one time regardless of the tempo, it's a b.p.m. driven synth, so ideally I should be able to play at differect speeds. the delay sounds at like 220 m.s. or therabouts, it's cemented there, and I cannot change it. I emailed Emu again, and still no reply. Ahhhhh, show in only two weeks, what do I do? buy another sound mod...

Peace,

Wesley D.
www.evolbeats.com

Message 8/14             20-Sep-01  @  01:51 AM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

Pongoid

You youngsters and your damn all-in-one boxes, complaining that it doesn't do everything. That's why there are so many external effects units around. Get the right box for the right job and you'll find yourself much happier.

Ape

Message 9/14             20-Sep-01  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

damballah

damn right!

emu's effects routing scheme is silly in the extreme. use the individual outs into a mixing board, hook up outboard fx boxes to the auxes and see what you can do.

Message 10/14             20-Sep-01  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

steve

the point is, the xl1 only has a stereo pair so he can`t do that. I dont use the efx on my sampler becasue I dont have to.

Message 11/14             21-Sep-01  @  05:58 AM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

d

that's right, you have to stick some turbo crap in it to bring it up to 6 outs

Message 12/14             24-Sep-01  @  08:23 AM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

Serfiss

check this out, this is whack, tech support sent me this, the people have a right to know. this sucks.

You cannot adjust delay times on the FX A engine.
Regards,
E-MU / Ensoniq Tech Support
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

that last bit is insane, why in the hell they they offer delay in an effects engine but no way to control it, I hate defects in high end gear. you'd think they could work the kinks out. My alesis has some probs as well, anyhow.

Just thought I'd share that with the world....

Message 13/14             24-Sep-01  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

milan

short and to the point, gotta love emu  

Message 14/14             24-Sep-01  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

steve

its true, the fu*k you over sometimes but you always find yourself coming back for more.

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)