aaa new turbotrax-x-x-x-x - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new turbotrax-x-x-x-x

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             10-Sep-01  @  01:00 PM   -   new turbotrax-x-x-x-x

WOXY

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

okey dokey - uploaded 3 more trax for your listening pleasure

"turboherb" - a disco housey affair

"work that sucker" - an electro jiggler

"bedroom sounds" - an experimental track composed entirely on an E64 with samples using my mic and minidisc recorder and Zoom sampletrak for fx - the beat was made from sounds including 'dropping the mic on the floor and knocking over a bottle of drambuie' - 'jumping around on the bed' - 'creaking the floorboards' - - just a bit of fun - - - -

cheers
WOXY

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             10-Sep-01  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: new turbotrax-x-x-x-x

milan

Link?:  Link

hi woxy, not bad.

i´ve noticed something about the turboherb and work that... production-wise. they seem to lack certain depth, all the sounds seem very up-front and sharp. maybe add more reverb in the mix? also, i think that the tunes would work better if the kick and the bassline were deeper, leaving more room for the other sounds in the mid frequencies.

on the electro tune the 303 seems very up front whereas i think it might work much better if it was lower in the mix and more in the background. also the bleepy synth is a bit too loud. liked the Grandmixer D-ST sample  

apart from that, the tunes are nice, sounds like you know what you´re doing. i really liked "on the slide".

i dont see any monitors in your kit-list, so maybe the things i comented on are due to that. otherwise, nice.

cheers, m.

Message 3/11             10-Sep-01  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: new turbotrax-x-x-x-x

aaron

Link?:  No link

turboherb is awesome! way to fvcking go man!

Message 4/11             11-Sep-01  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: new turbotrax-x-x-x-x

woxy

cheers milan and aaron!

yep - i have *no* monitors yet - headphone mixing - could definately use some

i will defintately try more reverb in the mix - i've always been a bit reverb shy - my mixes sometimes do lack a bit of gravy in the background - - will experiment

--> "on the slide" was mixed down in The Coach House in Bristol (proper studio) - hence more polished sounding stuff - - - - it was written and recorded by my partner in music - Cheever Loophole - hence completely different sounding production - - -

when we were mixing down turboherb we reached a happy medium - - - - as he always trys to turn up the reverb and turn down the compression and I always do the opposite

cheers
WOXY

Message 5/11             11-Sep-01  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: new turbotrax-x-x-x-x

sensoniq

I like turboherb, some very original sounds that fit together nicely. But for some reason the audio file streams in a few seconds at a time, with gaps...guess I'll try to listen again later...

Message 6/11             11-Sep-01  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: new turbotrax-x-x-x-x

steve

its because its been encoded at too high a rate for people on dialup to stream reliably   I guess if you really want to listen, then you`ll need to DL.

Message 7/11             16-Sep-01  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: new turbotrax-x-x-x-x

8life8

dude thats some magnificent work!!! .. your: brakes, aranments, sounds (man that cowbell is to die for) everything has purpose .. I mean just WOA .. this is just off the wall .. way way up there I mean: daft punk style.. this should go global baby and in a big big way.. soo much respect to you for your vission, your style (orginality), your techniks and the prolevel craftmanship of linking all that together in such perfect harmony ..

Message 8/11             16-Sep-01  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: new turbotrax-x-x-x-x

woxy

blimey - - thanx guys - - i'm not gonna be able to get my head through the door!

woxy

ps. sorry about the encoding rate - its the lowest my cruncher goes

Message 9/11             21-Jan-02  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: new turbotrax-x-x-x-x

WOXY

got hold of AudioGrabber - much better encoder - - - - ->

full versions of Work That Sucker (32kbs) and Turboherb (40kbs) - up now.....

cheers
WOXY

Message 10/11             21-Jan-02  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: new turbotrax-x-x-x-x

e

wow work that sucker sounds great!!! they worked alright, i thought they wouldn't work after 32kbs?

turboherb sounds great too!

so what's the audiograbber do, convert the file at a smaller size than other mp3 converters?

Message 11/11             21-Jan-02  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: new turbotrax-x-x-x-x

WOXY

audiograbber is one of them ripper+convertor all in one jobs. the free version lets you mp3 things and use its ripping stuff in a limited way - - - well worth getting just for the encoder - - - i think the register is only $20 anyway

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

sounds fairly f-r-e-s-h to me tho'

woxy

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)