aaa how can VST recognize my Nova? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: how can VST recognize my Nova?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             18-Sep-01  @  11:41 PM   -   how can VST recognize my Nova?

Tig

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I had already done the conection between interface my ER-1 NOVA ROLAND JP 8080 )and pc! But there is still no signal from the synths to VST) ! so i need to know where can i found the drivers for my synths).
Thanx for your Help! Waiting 4 your answer!
T

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             19-Sep-01  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: how can VST recognize my Nova?

Im Nebel

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Drivers for the synths? If you mean that you can't receive MIDI signals out of the Nova into Cubase (like knob movements recordings and sysex dumps in general) you may better check for your interface card drivers; synths are not "driven" by the computer if this is what you mean for drivers; every communication between synths and computer happen through the MIDI protocol (MIDI data and sysex, no driver required). Unless you mean an editor/librarian for your synths that runs on yhe computer of course.
Anyways, there may be several reasons for MIDI signals not to be received in VST: does the input LED on the transport bar light up when you paerform any knob movement? Do you have any filter on "MIDI Control Change" or "Sysex" actiated in the "Options/MIDI/MIDI Filter" dialog in Cubase? Are you sure the channel you transmitted on is not filtered on the same dialog above?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)