aaa VCF/VCA sampler count as analog? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: VCF/VCA sampler count as analog?

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             20-Sep-01  @  01:32 AM   -   VCF/VCA sampler count as analog?

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm using an Xbase09, a MW1 (hybrid), and an E3 (hybrid). What is the concensus amongst the analog snobs here? Are hybrids still cool?

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             20-Sep-01  @  04:25 AM   -   RE: VCF/VCA sampler count as analog?

influx

Link?:  Link

hehe. thought you were one of the analog snobs?

Message 3/11             20-Sep-01  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: VCF/VCA sampler count as analog?

Pongoid

I'm just trying to make sure that I still belong, with these bastard hybrids I keep using. Don't get me wrong, I've got a Prophet5 not ten feet from where I sit to type this, but still...

Message 4/11             20-Sep-01  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: VCF/VCA sampler count as analog?

d

Link?:  No link

it's not the tool, it's what you make with it.

Message 5/11             21-Sep-01  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: VCF/VCA sampler count as analog?

Maarten

True, I used to care and get sucked into such discussions, defending my point of view with grinding teeth... a few pieces of hardware have made me reconsider.

-M-

Message 6/11             21-Sep-01  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: VCF/VCA sampler count as analog?

milan

Link?:  Link

its probably pointless, i mean even the Prophet 5 has DCO´s...but you´d still consider it analog.

Message 7/11             25-Sep-01  @  04:40 AM   -   RE: VCF/VCA sampler count as analog?

brett b

Link?:  No link

everything has a time and a place. Once i get done using my eq and fx on synths It's hard to tell my analog from a virus or the likes. Plain vanilla dry analog is hard to create with digital, but I have been multi sampleing my analog gear into my emu,and you cannot tell the synths are being recreated digitally. I used my mks-80 for the tones, and made 8 layers detuned in my sampler. It sounds just like the mks-80 in unison mode, only with a more stable envelop and much more midi control, and filtering options. The non-alaising filters on my emu e4 sound very much like those on the jupiters when you have the right tones coming out. I use the syntechno tee-bee. Midi adds those tiny micro-steps to the sweeps, but then you get to use nidi. I like how the newer Analog modeling synths use intepolation to create extra steps between the controler points to smooth the filter. The Protools procontroler uses ethernet for sysex that has thousands of steps for creating smooth fader moves. We need a new midi format with hi bandwidth to solve the steps in midi controled analogs. Maybe use ethernet with midi i/o to be backwards compatible.

Message 8/11             25-Sep-01  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: VCF/VCA sampler count as analog?

Pongoid

Well, as I snob, I still feel that I have fallen from grace, but that's ok. There's something liberating about being dirty.

Can sys-ex be used to address more than 128 different values in its data byte? Obviously the sky's pretty much the limit in the status byte, hence all the individual parameter access.

Ape

Message 9/11             27-Sep-01  @  07:19 AM   -   RE: VCF/VCA sampler count as analog?

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

get some roland diversity.

Message 10/11             28-Sep-01  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: VCF/VCA sampler count as analog?

Pongoid

now that's really dirty. I don't know if I can go that far.

Message 11/11             28-Sep-01  @  10:36 AM     Edit: 28-Sep-01  |  10:43 AM   -   RE: VCF/VCA sampler count as analog?

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

ahhhh, so you like grit and dirt - below the
ground type of shit...

try making a roland analog sound 'not
musical'.

play the sidstation?

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)