aaa PC Sequencing.... Help!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: PC Sequencing.... Help!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             30-Sep-01  @  08:41 PM   -   PC Sequencing.... Help!!

Access2K1

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have recently purchased an Access Virus KB, I would like to sequence my
tunes on computer with the sounds of the virus. I have made many tracks wih
software based synthesizers, but this hardware has confused me a little. I
have the midi cable connected to my computer! I have Cubase, Cakewalk and
Reason. Any help would be appreciated

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             01-Oct-01  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: PC Sequencing.... Help!!

k

um... well look in the TECH ARTICLES (SITE SECTIONS) for 'Midi & Sequencer' page - that'll show you alot... then come back and ask specific's - BUt what you need to work out is how to setup the Virus in MULTITIMBREL Mode, so it responds to messages coming IN on multiple Midi channels and plays more than one sound/patch at a time - so for example the virus can play one sound on one channel for the bassline, and another sound on another midi channel for the synth-line, and yet another sound mebbe on another midi channel to make a 3rd sound and all those sounds are on seperate midi channels. Find that in the manual and you are set.

so read that page anyways, then ask some more.

Message 3/4             01-Oct-01  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: PC Sequencing.... Help!!

Access2K1

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, it makes sense :O), I have checked that page also. I routed my sequencers output to SBLIVE [OUT] which will send any data recorded to my Access Virus (therefore hearing the proper sounds)My sequencer is setup and works with it now on channel 1, the virus is set on Multi Channels if that is what you was meaning?? anyway... I can record MIDI and hear it through the virus.. My next question is I have a Yamaha RS7000 and would like to use that WITH the virus (for drums mainly), will I have to have for example 12 channels for the RS7000 and 4 channels for the virus making it 16 like? it's just if I take the midi cable out the virus to use with the RS7000 I get no sound! and can't sync what I wanna record. I think I might have to record say a Synline from the virus as midi, then record the midi into audio?? then work with the audio instead of MIDI? If you would like to mail me :O) it's djreal@ntlworld.com

Perhaps i need a midi thru cable to join the 2 together so i dont have to take cables out i dunno, but thanx for the help... and anymore will be appreciated hehehe

Laterzzz

Message 4/4             02-Oct-01  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: PC Sequencing.... Help!!

99devils

Link?: Link

Use the THRU port on the Virus to connect the RS-7000, not the out.

-Craig

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)