aaa Nova II - Access Virus Indigo - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova II - Access Virus Indigo

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             01-Oct-01  @  11:40 AM   -   Nova II - Access Virus Indigo

nvbakel

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello,

I have a novation nova II XL for about a year. I do understand most of the function and I am able to create almost every sound I want.
For some time I've been thinking about buying an access virus indigo. I was wondering if there is anyone who can give me some good advise. A friend of mine already told me that the N II XL could do about everything the A V Indigo does, but to me it seems like the Indigo has much more wave shapes.

Any reactions would be greatly appriciated,

N v Bakel

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             01-Oct-01  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: Nova II - Access Virus Indigo

Im Nebel

Link?: Link

I own a Nova 1 and a Virus Indigo; i don't think the Nova con do everything the Virus does, and neither the opposite; the Virus is more textured in the mid-frequency range, and excels at gritty and grunge stuff; the Nova is more deep and rounded when you come to basses and pads, more mellow and less aggressive. If I had to get rid of one of these, I'd really wouldn't know, because they cover different sides of the spectrum. But to answer to your question; I've never heard the Nova sound that edgy and warm in the midrange, while I've never heard the Virus go that low with subbasses

Message 3/5             03-Oct-01  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: Nova II - Access Virus Indigo

nvbakel

Hi Nebel,

Thanx for your reaction. I would like to know if there is anyone out there having another opinion.

Do you think it is possible to create those mid freq. sounds with a Nova II let me hear it. I know we can make those beautiful deep basses. But I also think that the Nova can do those mid freq sounds (e.g. Using a double saw with some width on lfo 1 and another osc with double saw on sync also on lfo 1 gives me quit a fat mid sound..)

Let me hear,

NvBakel

Message 4/5             03-Oct-01  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: Nova II - Access Virus Indigo

nvbakel

I think you can change the word mid freq sound to lead..  

NvBakel

Message 5/5             04-Oct-01  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: Nova II - Access Virus Indigo

scrotalsack

they both have quite a different charecter. mostly the nova and SN were trying to sound like old roland gear, like juno 60s and stuff like that, whereas the Virus was designed to sound like the Prophet 5. They both have their own sound and charecter, and its really a matter of preference.
Personally, I have a virus B and a SN1. I love them both and use them for radically different things.
I personally think that the Virus has more possibilities for easy creation of quality patches, but i still haven't gotten deep into OS4, and i know they added a LOT of useful features in there. the new filter types alone are supercool.
but no, in the end, i think they are very different synths with their own sound and charecter, so you should buy BOTH!

as a side note, depending on where you are, you will likely have to wait a LONG, LONG LONG LONG time to get an Indigo. I was on a waiting list for 6 months before i said screw it and got me a V B and a S3000XL for the same amount.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)