aaa VirusB for a lil bit? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: VirusB for a lil bit?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             16-Oct-01  @  06:40 PM   -   VirusB for a lil bit?

Maarten

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Thought someone might be interested, saw one at www.loot.com for 550 UKP, nice price if you ask me.

ta

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             17-Oct-01  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: VirusB for a lil bit?

influx

Link?:  Link

fuck yeah! where is it? thats cheaper than I could score one here I believe

Message 3/10             17-Oct-01  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: VirusB for a lil bit?

Maarten

Well, the currency gives away that it's in the UK me thinks:Pfor the rest I have no idea...

Message 4/10             17-Oct-01  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: VirusB for a lil bit?

influx

ok smartie. I wasnt paying attention

anyway...you gotta pay to view the ad? lame.

Message 5/10             18-Oct-01  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: VirusB for a lil bit?

steve

only whilst its new ad - like a day or 2, after that everyone gets to see.

Message 6/10             18-Oct-01  @  09:06 AM   -   RE: VirusB for a lil bit?

Maarten

Well, you can view a map of where the seller is located, not very far from London.

Message 7/10             18-Oct-01  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: VirusB for a lil bit?

dARKSTATe

Been offered a Korg Z1 with extras for £600...
(Mint condition apparently, studio user only, never been gigged)

Any thoughts? Been after one for a while but haven't seen it any cheaper 2nd hand here in the UK than £650

Marc_D

Message 8/10             20-Oct-01  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: VirusB for a lil bit?

Maarten

Xoxos has one and gave some remarcs on the musec tech forum... somewhere... today or yesterday... sht! my eyboards gone hay-wre agen...

Message 9/10             20-Oct-01  @  06:51 AM   -   RE: VirusB for a lil bit?

panama

Link?:  No link

I played one of these things in a music shop a
while ago... good synth - sounded good... don't
know about programming it tho...

overall, I've heard a lot of praise about it. But
from time to time, I wonder why hasn't it been
a big synth hit?

Message 10/10             20-Oct-01  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: VirusB for a lil bit?

xoxos

here's the pros/cons..

thanks for the bit o' time..

cons:

only 2 outs. the expensive optical card only lets
you route the wet fx output seperately.. big deal.

in multi mode, you get 2 fx + 1 master fx. the master fx has _the_ stereo delay. it's either on ALL sounds of not. i've had some problems where the overdrive and decimator (the non-master fx) won't 'let go' of sounds you pull out of the send. annoying. the bug is uncharacteristic. could be my o.s. too. btw the decimator is HOT.. fq from 1k to 24kHz, 4 to 24 bits.. and these params are rt modulatable.. new to me at least.

verdict? better have some other sound sources. it's not a multi powerhouse.

the pros:
if you've been here at all i'm sure you've picked some up. it can do anything (well except pianos) all around gorgeous. sings. vacuums the floors. chuck out your jv for reals. ugh.

the sound!

nice interface. old time z users are still happy. i know i have found a match i can be happy with.

it's a *synthesizer*

it's not infinite.. there are only 4 lfos.. so there are limitations to how much stuff you can plug into something.. but it's ergonomic, smart. beats the fuck out of sounddiver. get the z if you want something to make very precise or complex sounds with in h/w form. wait until you hear my synthetic 'sister in 3rd grade practising violin..' screecch... sccraaapppee.. unbelievable. wait.. hear. otherwise get reaktor.

why was it never popular? i think it's 'the secret synth' (ie. plaid saying 'korg keyboard.') it was advertised as a v.a. right? it lost in that market because it was expensive, didn't offer the full v.a. front panel treatment cos it's not just a va, and, horror of horrors, "the filter steps dude" (well if you dig into it, you can decide whether or not you want it to step or be smooth..)

i read a few people who tried it, found it frustrating.. a few of the key parameters you have to 'enter' - ie. hit a button, wait a second - the ones you'll want to use first.. but after a few days of familiarisation, i was flitting. you can flit in it.

i'm thinking it's just a good thing, a real solid artifact for sound design. like a secret nobody minds if you don't know about. i just like to help cos this is dancetech and i reckon anyone who comes here regularly is specialgood likestomakenplay.

i spent my first *months* with it just learning how to play the osunds expressively.. because this time there's nothnig to stop you from a convincing instrumental solo. it's all there.. really as much as it's worth bothering with.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)