aaa Error Novation and Sysex - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Error Novation and Sysex

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             17-Oct-01  @  04:08 PM   -   Error Novation and Sysex

s1216430

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I have a problem recording sysex information from the Novation Supernova to Cubase. (I have sysex not inverted in midifilter menu, have the track on global and the track is the same as the global track I selected in the supernova, etc.) My Novation recognises the incoming sysex data, but says there is a data error. During recording sysex, the movement of the locator of cubase is not entirely smooth. What can I do to avoid this problem?

Greets

Menno

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             17-Oct-01  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: Error Novation and Sysex

blacktrax

Some midi interfaces have difficulties with SysEx transmission.

Message 3/4             18-Oct-01  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: Error Novation and Sysex

Im Nebel

...especially USB interfaces on a Mac, like my Tascam US-428; anyway try to slow down the tempo if you didn't. I ended up using a friend's PC for the OS update, and using an old hardware sequencer (Roland W-30) for dumping sounds

Message 4/4             19-Oct-01  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: Error Novation and Sysex

bedwyr

i'm confused; u say your transmitting from novation to cubase but novation recognises 'incoming sysex'?

on my proteus2k there's a 'packet delay' parameter for sysex transmission to a sequencer, i.e. if the sequencer can't handle the transfer speed you can slow it down
(you say cubase seems to stutter?) maybe there's a equivalent for the novation, as im nebel says slowing down the bpm would have the same effect.

p.s. usb on a pc (win98) ain't much better, i've ditched my midisport 2x2 and stuck my old sb16 card back in just for the midi connection

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)