aaa difference between nl1 & nl2 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: difference between nl1 & nl2

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             27-Oct-01  @  09:49 PM   -   difference between nl1 & nl2

panama

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What are the major difference(s) between the Nord Lead 1 and the Nord Lead 2? thnx.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             29-Oct-01  @  08:01 AM   -   RE: difference between nl1 & nl2

xoxos

Link?: Link

will there be a pop quiz?

vaguely.. nl1 only has the two outputs. i haven't played a 2 with the multi configs, but one thing you pretty much can't do with a nl1 is run one voice in unison stereo and another in mono non-unison.. it'll switch between the outs. but you can run 2 unisons in stereo, or run each voice thru a seperate out and have the unison effect in mono. i never use more than 2 patches on it unless i'm kidding around cos i use chords.

nl2 has ringmod, a 'noise' waveform on the lfo, and maybe a 2nd filter, right? or no.

Message 3/8             29-Oct-01  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: difference between nl1 & nl2

99devils

NL 2 has filter distortion, 4 more voices (12 for a fully expanded NL1 vs 16 for an NL2), 4 outs.. I think that's it..

Some people say the NL1 has a somewhat more "raw" sound than the NL2, but I haven't spent enough time with the NL2 to figure out of this is true or not.

-Craig
-Craig

Message 4/8             29-Oct-01  @  05:45 PM     Edit: 29-Oct-01  |  05:47 PM   -   RE: difference between nl1 & nl2

xoxos

thassit.. distortion, not 2 filters..

..and fm amount is added to lfo 1 destination.. doesn't matter much, since it's a dest. for the mod env. (a/d) on the 'classic' and, well.. there's always hyperdraw..

Message 5/8             30-Oct-01  @  04:47 AM   -   RE: difference between nl1 & nl2

panama

Link?:  No link

ahh this is good news... b/c there's like a 2 to
300 dollar difference between the two. So I'm
gonna wind up buying a NL1 Rack...

time to get rid of my JP-8000. thank god

Message 6/8             30-Oct-01  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: difference between nl1 & nl2

xoxos

what? but it handles the high notes so well!!!  

always been glad (and quite proud) of my a/b choice between the two.. it was the 'fm amount' knob what done it..

tho.. my recommendation is to use some of that fancy easy prettyboy money you were on about.. keep the jp and add the nord.. it's really not good for more than 2 parts (unless you like cutting the mono and unison options from your sounds.. and.. you won't..) think of the 4 voices for layering. you'll have fun with both of them.

Message 7/8             31-Oct-01  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: difference between nl1 & nl2

j-type

Link?:  Link

if I remember rightly, the NL2 also has variable filter tracking for the filter. It has an extra filter type (notch + LP) which is great for resonance + bass end, but I think this is included on the V2 expansion for the NL1. Some other interesting stuff to consider, like the Sine wave for Osc1 - if you like the FM knob (I crave the Nord's FM) then you need to think about this Sine waveform! I'm not sure whether the NL1 has syncable noise for the 2nd osc (sync = spectral waves to choose from with semitone knob).

If you get the NL1, make sure it's fully expanded or else you lose a lot of what the 2 has.

Message 8/8             05-Nov-01  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: difference between nl1 & nl2

99devils

if I remember rightly, the NL2 also has variable filter tracking for the filter.
------

I think you're right

-------
It has an extra filter type (notch + LP) which is great for resonance + bass end, but I think this is included on the V2 expansion for the NL1.
-------

NL1s have LP+Notch too

-------
Some other interesting stuff to consider, like the Sine wave for Osc1 - if you like the FM knob (I crave the Nord's FM) then you need to think about this Sine waveform! I'm not sure whether the NL1 has syncable noise for the 2nd osc (sync = spectral waves to choose from with semitone knob).
--------

Syncable noise is a yes on the NL1. We don't have the sine waveform though  

-Craig

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)