aaa 303 Sync Help - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 303 Sync Help

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             08-Nov-01  @  07:28 PM   -   303 Sync Help

Novakaine

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm haveing a problem syncing up my 303 to cubase. I'm using the Kenton Pro-Solo Midi-CV converter and a home made cabe.
When I press play in Cubase, the play light on the 303 truns on, but it seems to flicker. No sound comes out, but if I hit the TAP button a quick blip is heard.
I tried switching the CV and Gate plugs on the pro solo, and the run light comes on when I press play, and it seems solid. No sound comes out, but if I hit the TAP button I get a long sutained BLIP. Also the selected pattern light blinks to the tempo set in cubase.
I can't figure it out. I think it's either my cable, or worst case my 303 is broken. Does anyone have any idea's???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             11-Nov-01  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: 303 Sync Help

Maarten

I'd just buy a cable for starters... hey, wait a minute... shouldn't you be using a MIDI-Sync converter or have your TB modded to use the MIDI-CV to sequence externally? As is you can only use the TB's sequencer to control other CV/gate devices, no?

(I could be very wrong today, had a rough weekend...  

-M-

Message 3/5             12-Nov-01  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: 303 Sync Help

panama

Link?:  No link

It seems like the pro-solo is working, but you forgot two things... Goto radio shack and buy two small headphone cables (forgot the size) and use them instead of a homemade one; unless you know what yer doing. Second, the 303 only sends out C/V. IT DOES NOT allow input, unless your using the DIN SYNC.. which no one uses (or unless I'm mistaken)...

So, you gotta ged a mod to make C/V input happen - check out the Devifish mod or the Kenton mod. good luck.

Message 4/5             12-Nov-01  @  05:35 AM   -   RE: 303 Sync Help

novakaine64

Thanks for the help, but I figured it out. My cable just had a bad connection. Everything is fixed up and working now  

Message 5/5             12-Nov-01  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: 303 Sync Help

kilo

Link?:  Link

blimey - the 303 forum does the biz yet agin... might as well keep it then.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)