aaa This one's needs cranking... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: This one's needs cranking...

Viewing all 33 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/33             16-Nov-01  @  08:48 AM   -   This one's needs cranking...

mtrax

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

...of the volume knob that is. Please check out my new song called Alpha (Ready Mix) at http://www.mp3.com/mantatrax . I'd like to have some feedback. Trance lovers will like this one allot! In the styles of Ferry Corsten, DJ Tiesto etc...

Hope you like it!
Regards
MtraX (MantatraX)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/33             16-Nov-01  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

does it ever fucking stop?

Message 3/33             16-Nov-01  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

mtrax

If you click the little button with a square on it yes...

Message 4/33             16-Nov-01  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

influx

funny guy!

Message 5/33             16-Nov-01  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

Judge

Link?:  No link

Influx is rude, but this guy is ruder, basically spitting in dancetech's face with that mp3 sh!t

Message 6/33             16-Nov-01  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

influx

me? rude? dont think so. just too many hypersensitive hippies around.

but thats exactly what I meant...there was a rash of this crap for a while but it subsided, and now someone else!

its actually quite funny, the self-centeredness of these sorts of things!

Message 7/33             17-Nov-01  @  06:21 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

mtrax

I mean really, all I wanted was an honest opinion about a song I made and I got you guys on my case for no reason at all. So, is it a protocol thing that we have to post our songs on dancetech for it to be reviewed? If so, could someone be so kind as to point me to where it is stated on the site? I'd be happy to upload if that's the case...

But in the meanwhile, Judge, what do you think about the song?

I think this site totally rocks - I mean this is what dance is all about in the underground, not? Communities to build a culture of musicians that can do it all on their own, yet together...

Anyway, please gimme some code of conduct for the site, since I'm new, I wouldn't want to step on any toes now would I? If I have offended Dancetech, please accept my apology :-)

MtraX

Message 8/33             17-Nov-01  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

xoxos

feedback? mmm.. i reckon Trance lovers will like this one allot! In the styles of Ferry Corsten, DJ Tiesto etc...

i also think what you say in your box on the mp3.com page.

Message 9/33             17-Nov-01  @  10:20 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

influx

hehe..see..what heppens is that all kinds of people come into our little world here and say HEY LOOK AT ME without having made any sort of...contribution(?)

most of em never come back. you have  so..welcome to dancetech! 

I cant stand trance so you wont want to hear what i have to say, although...are you looking for production critiques as well? the tech side?

I could easily parrot what rurik said if you wanted?

Message 10/33             17-Nov-01  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

milan

influx, get a life mate... how can you be bothered to write the same thing everytime someone new shows up. dont ya think it would work better if you politely sugested they upload thir stuff here as this site is much cooler than mp3.com?

yo mtrax, why not upload your stuff here too? its much cooler than mp3.com, and if your stuff is good you could show off to your friends and tell them your track is on the DT-hitlist!

(see what i mean?)

Message 11/33             17-Nov-01  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

steve

mtrax - I know it sounds kinda strange, but because the facilities are provided here, most people will resent having to go elsewhere to listen to someones tunes ....and especially to mp3.cum. You have nothing to lose anyway, most people can only listen to the lofi streams which on mp3.com is now in 22/16 whereas here you can get away with 32/24 encoding so it`ll be slightly higher quality to boot.

Message 12/33             17-Nov-01  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

xoxos

milan - things are a LOT better nowadays. i don't think i've seen you here but for the last year, but around 99 this was some serious crap..

you see.. back in 99 mp3.com was trying to get as many tracks as they could, so their pay4play stuff didn't need to you to do anything except add tracks, get 'em played, and they'd send you a big fat check. i put absolutely no effort into it and got one of my gas bills paid.

the result of this was that anyone who *did* advertise was bound to make several hundred dollars just off casual browsers.. so you had all these cats making the most appallingly vapid tracks.. anything that sounded vaguely trancelike.. after all.. most people couldn't tell the difference between someone who is struggling to refine their art and someone who is using acid or just on the take.. uploading them to mp3 and then blanketing the net in ads.

it did become rather annoying.. for one thing.. you were bound to receive a minimum half a dozen solicitations to this end in your email.. some of which included sizeable html content (loads of us were - i still am - on tiny likkle connections so this was a pain..) and you'd get loads of threads on it as well. sometimes half the posts were from people looking for cracks of acid so they could cash in too. people woh didn't even like electronic music were doing it.

i am not exaggerating! it was a fucking crime how people were just spamming and spamming and spamming and...

but it has changed a lot.. mp3.com changed their policy, now no one gets free money unless you work for it or have the impetus behind you to keep it rolling. it ain't like it was at all. and influx does go on with the netiquette nanny thing.. AND i believe our pal here is quite likely* (* i did say likely, not absolutely definately) just trying to drum up a few more downloads, which takes the extra effort nowadays. it was so fucking disgusting that afaic it deserves the full brunt of even the most misdirected aggression to be crushed out forever. but go look at his page why don't you.. couple of thousand listens.. stuff like "you will cry the tears of ecstasy to this newest dance smash" - doesn't exactly ring of someone sincerely looking for some constructive feedback, does it matey?

anyway.

and that was the story of "influx and the repetitive defensive posting syndrome" which will help you to understand why influx is actually acting sensibly, insofar as his sensory experience differs from your own   and we can all go on and live happily ever after the end.

Message 13/33             17-Nov-01  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

milan

xoxos, i actually discovered this site back in 99, but used it only to read up on equipment and such. and even tried to ask some tech stuff but got no replies. then one day i lost ALL my music bookmarks due to my HD just going kaputt. hence my return to the scene in this year.

thats an amazing story you got there, i had no idea about that pay4play stuff and spamming. sure makes me view the whole mp3.cum business differently. and thanks for the history lesson.

oh, and i never checked out this guys page, thanks for making sure i wont ever :-P

cheers...of to live somewhere hapilly ever after the end  

Message 14/33             17-Nov-01  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

influx

milan, back off with the get a life shit. In the same way that I dont "have to" respond the way I do, you dont "have to" sweat it. It pisses me off (props xoxos!!!! for hitting the nail on the head) for MY reasons, and they are valid to ME which is all that matters

personally I see this site as a synergistic community, and when someone wants to reap the benefits without throwing some booty in the pot, then I say fuck em. Is there anything wrong with that?

Message 15/33             17-Nov-01  @  07:39 PM     Edit: 17-Nov-01  |  07:46 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

milan

erm influx...

firstly: i ASKED you why you react like that everytime. see the questionmark in that post?

and secondly: xoxos supplied a valid explanation, and i respect that. i did not know. thats why i asked.

------------------------------------------------

erm...i re-read your last post influx. i think i saw it as more agressive than it actually is. had to edit some sutff i wrote. guess we´re all a bit tense now and then.

of to beat up some musicians at the studio if they come in late once again...

Message 16/33             18-Nov-01  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

marianimal

Throw some booty in the pot, I'll have to remember that. 

Message 17/33             18-Nov-01  @  06:04 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

mtrax

Hey guys, can't I even leave you alone for a day?! Ha-ha. Thanx for the honest opinions - not on the song, but on the whole spamming issue. I try to make sure not to spam anyone. On Askme.com for instance, you can register yourself as an expert in various categories and I like helping other people out with problems in making music. I've been doing it for years and then just post my URL as a signiture. But since it was the first week after release of my new song I decided that I wanted honest feedback, that's the second reason I'd post here, the first being to get to know an exciting new community of dance musicians! I've been here before too in 99 but the forums were pretty much dead as xoxos pointed out and I just went into tech sections to read up about gear and techniques, so I must say the site has come into full swing nowadays. I'm glad. It's hard finding the right community to honestly judge any new song you bring out and help each other with tech.

So I'll be scanning the tech section and help where I can :-)
Laterz,
MtraX

http://www.mp3.com/mantatrax

Message 18/33             18-Nov-01  @  06:42 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

mtrax

PS Xoxos

You have a point there...

'you will cry the tears of ecstasy to this newest dance smash' wasn't my exact words, but it does sound totally crapped now that I read it again... Gonna change that NOW!

MtraX

Message 19/33             18-Nov-01  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

influx

"influx...get a life mate"

its all good. I know you like me.

so mtrax...good for you. stick around. show your face. you can talk to toomas about TRANCE PRODUCTION when he pops up his periodic thread 

Message 20/33             18-Nov-01  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

xoxos

could be that the only people that wouldn't affect positively would be ASLs like myself.. Anti Spam League.. mebbe that kinda wording excites 'punters,' as some of the british seem to refer to the larger mass of listeners??

Message 21/33             18-Nov-01  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

mtrax

tnx influx, will do - still got allot to learn, except, my next project's more of a funky house tune, he-he, I mix n match em all, can't help it! Just love electronic music!
Laterz,
MtraX

Message 22/33             19-Nov-01  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

damballah

Yes, but do you love music more than I. That's the true test. When you can step up proudly, hold your head high and exclaim, "I love music more than damballah," then you've truly arrived. knowwhatImsayin.

Message 23/33             20-Nov-01  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

mantatrax

I do love music more than damballah (it depends how you read this sentence - he-he), since I don't know damballah, but I do have respect for damballah as a poster to this forum tho :-)

As for damballah's luv 4 music, would I not know how much damballah luvs music if damballah actually told me how much?

What's ure style? Do you produce?

Laterz,
Mtrax

Message 24/33             20-Nov-01  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

Judge

I say Influx always has a beef with someone. Go take some ex-lax man!

Message 25/33             20-Nov-01  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

mtrax

He-he, wouldn't be any fun if everybody said nice things all the time now would it?! :-) That's what makes forums interesting - flaming people in good spirit and challenging people to come up with interesting new ideas - be it in music making or ways of life...

Message 26/33             20-Nov-01  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

xoxos

your 'interesting' could be the same as my 'stupid..'

and that's the cot calling the petal black, your honour. putting the heart before the course. aah i got a millino of em. well, two really

Message 27/33             20-Nov-01  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

influx

hey judge. stuff it. I do as I do when I do.

mtrax..you got a good attitude about things 

Message 28/33             20-Nov-01  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

Judge

Hey influx you're one sick puppy, I put my hammer down and give you 30-life for being so cockeyed

Message 29/33             21-Nov-01  @  03:13 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

influx

nope, Im fine. and Im an anarchist so your self-imposed power trip and subsequent sentence of imprisonment means absolutely nothing to me!

Message 30/33             21-Nov-01  @  06:34 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

mtrax

Ok guys, I think this one's a wrap... :-)

Message 31/33             21-Nov-01  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

bedwyr

what, are you getting anoyed with new mail in your inbox?

Message 32/33             21-Nov-01  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

spamboy

- cock -

Message 33/33             21-Nov-01  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: This one's needs cranking...

mantatrax

Not at all, I could just think of more useful threads to spend time on at the moment. What was meant to be said was said here...

Viewing all 33 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)