aaa PENBOA 1st tune in a year: Opinions - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: PENBOA 1st tune in a year: Opinions

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             20-Nov-01  @  10:02 AM   -   PENBOA 1st tune in a year: Opinions

CK aka PENBOA

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Sand Dream: I started this one last December and finished it a couple of weeks ago.

It's in the Goa/World Trance section, although I'm not at all sure that is an appropriate classification! Maybe Deep Trance would be more apt. Anyway I've put in a whole load of technical details etc for you enlightenment.

Please tell me what you think.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             20-Nov-01  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: PENBOA 1st tune in a year: Opinions

k

Link?:  No link

very nice, but i kinda miss the hi-hats   - i'd like to hear a driving hat, more trance-y, on it to hold it all together.

Message 3/9             26-Nov-01  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: PENBOA 1st tune in a year: Opinions

CK aka PENBOA

Thanks k,

I hadn't actually played the mp3 (done in Cool Edit 2000), when I compared it to the original I noticed that the high hats didn't sound very good. I guess the very heavy data reduction removes a lot of high frequency information.

Thanks for your comments.

Message 4/9             29-Nov-01  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: PENBOA 1st tune in a year: Opinions

xoxos

like the track and patches; nice contrasts between them. you'll excuse me, but it reminds me a bit of when i try and do tech/house dance stuff.. i'm happier in other styles/beats/grooves tho it's a 1st choice for electronic sounds. wondering if you might be too.

Message 5/9             29-Nov-01  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: PENBOA 1st tune in a year: Opinions

CK aka PENBOA

Thanks, I programmed all the sounds myself, I stopped using presets about 18 months ago, except for inspiration. In fact the way I work now is that I design a load of sounds and every so often you get an idea and you drop it in, so the piece builds up organically.

I listen to quite a wide range of stuff, on the (Psy/Goa) Trance side, Man With No Name and Blue Planet Corporation. Circulation (house/tech house) Faithless etc. I heard Nilz Hess playing Tech House in Zürich a couple of months ago, not really my thing, but pretty impressive set.

Message 6/9             30-Nov-01  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: PENBOA 1st tune in a year: Opinions

xoxos

just my personal impression really.. 4/4 is forbidden territory right now. for one thing, my sequencer can't do it..  

Message 7/9             02-Dec-01  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: PENBOA 1st tune in a year: Opinions

8I8

Link?:  No link

nice!! goa not my thing but the production is really impressif .. damm 22k eh ..

Message 8/9             21-Dec-01  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: PENBOA 1st tune in a year: Opinions

CK aka PENBOA

So, time to start a new track... Thinking about doing something at a slower tempo for a change, we'll see.

Message 9/9             22-Dec-01  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: PENBOA 1st tune in a year: Opinions

sitar

Xoxos, how the hell can your sequencer not do 4/4???

Nice intro. I like the synths in this too. I love the that comes in and out, 3 notes up, 3 notes down. The slight sweep you put on that filter is nice. Good sound production. Doesn't sound lo fi.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)