aaa Nova OS4 Bad chorus/flanger effects - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova OS4 Bad chorus/flanger effects

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             21-Nov-01  @  02:20 PM   -   Nova OS4 Bad chorus/flanger effects

Nils Eriksen Meling, Hobbyist, Norway

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

After updating my Nova with OS4, I never use the internal chorus or flanger effects anymore. Why ? Because now they sound terrible. Appart from this, the Nova got much better after the update. Much stronger filter resonance, fatter sounds because of the double-saw waveform, the improved VCO-emulationa anf the flexible Unison-mode etc.. But back to the Chorus-effects. They sound crap in OS4!! I can't quite remember how they sounded before, but they didn't sound like they do now. They sound very cold and Lo-fi. If the filter is fully opened, it isn't really noticeable, but when closing the filter, they remind me about the sound you get when playing a low note in a tracker-program on an Amiga (8 bit sound for those who haven't used one). The more reconance in the filter, and the more complex the oscillator-setup is, the worse gets the sound of the chorus...

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it something wrong with my Nova ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             21-Nov-01  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: Nova OS4 Bad chorus/flanger effects

WarlocK'88 ®

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi Nils
Have You Try to Re-Install the OS4.1 for Nova
My nova Sound Better than before.
-
During the OS-Installation Set the Midi-Clock BPM
to 80 or slower.
-
I have done it with 40 BPM. While i got messages like 'package-missing error'.
But this takes a Few Minutes more Time
-
may be you must set the Midi-Clock BPM 2 time
to 80 BPM because it Resets himself that BPM Tempo at Track 6 to 120 BPM. then slow it
down to 80 during the Installation.
-
Greetings WarlocK'88
-

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)