aaa yay more Protocol Droid techno! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: yay more Protocol Droid techno!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             29-Nov-01  @  07:46 AM   -   yay more Protocol Droid techno!

maxwelln

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ack, I think I might have accidentally posted this topic twice. I apologize if I did...

here is a new techno track called Defcon 4. Please tell me what you think. This one is 100% from my heart (read: on the fly), so there was no laying out of anything, just straight PA.

the lowered bitrate did a number on my mastering, but you will get the point I think  

still working on that FTP btw, so high quality versions of songs will be avail. for d/l to anyone who is interested...

peace and thanks for listening,

- Nick

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             30-Nov-01  @  03:46 AM   -   RE: yay more Protocol Droid techno!

marianimal

Hey, this is pretty cool. Daring how you bring in the beat and it sort of pulls the introductory noises into it. Or maybe a happy accident. Nice mix of different elements.

Message 3/9             30-Nov-01  @  04:04 AM   -   RE: yay more Protocol Droid techno!

Sensoniq

Link?: Link

I really like this track man. Superb rhythmic arranging, this track would rock a dancefloor. I like all the different rhythms you come in and out of...I especially like the rhythm at the very beginning, before the first swirly thingy sfx comes in...You know the one in the intro. with hh hits on the downbeat instead of on the upbeat...That's a REALLY cool pattern, very original you could almost make a phat chillout remix built solely off that pattern

Message 4/9             30-Nov-01  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: yay more Protocol Droid techno!

influx

Link?:  Link

good good. I have to say that I would have liked it more had it kept the original feel..more break-y feeling. I was a little surprised to hear that taken out...

and also..the crossfades? waddidyoudo, hook up to a DJ mixer?

Message 5/9             30-Nov-01  @  05:08 AM   -   RE: yay more Protocol Droid techno!

influx

oh, and I meant to say that this reminds me a lot of photek(both his break style and 4 on the floor). Think the mix needs work but you said it was freeform, so...

tighten it up a bit, maybe?

Message 6/9             30-Nov-01  @  05:45 AM   -   RE: yay more Protocol Droid techno!

maxwelln

thanks for the comments everyone. I am trying to do something a little diff with my techno, and enjoy getting good feedback.

Influx: I see what you are saying about the breaks, I know it kinda feels that way at the start. I may do a breakbeat remix of it, since I love me some breaks ;) As far as the tightening up goes, I don't want to do it just yet. I think the track serves it purpose more with the mistakes left in. I PA'ed that while feeling some emotions that made things the way they are in that track, and I sort of want to keep a record of that. I will definitely consider the breaks things, though; cool idea!

thanks everyone and peace,

- Nick

Message 7/9             30-Nov-01  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: yay more Protocol Droid techno!

sensoniq

yeah I guess that's what I was referring to as well, the break pattern in the beginning

Message 8/9             01-Dec-01  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: yay more Protocol Droid techno!

influx

you know..I thought about it..and, hehe..

FUCK what I say. I like that you knew what you were getting at and you fully intend to stick to your guns. Who cares if its tight. you were probably bouncin around when you did it right?

still want to know about the crossfades. sounds like a dj. what did you do for that?

Message 9/9             01-Dec-01  @  07:12 AM   -   RE: yay more Protocol Droid techno!

maxwelln

haha, that's cool flux. As far as the crossfade thing goes, that is a combination of switching from lowpass to hipass on the filter rapidly, and adjusting the volume faders on the mixer channels. One fader going up while one is going down is the same thing as a smooth slope crossfader...

- Nick

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)