aaa 2 new ones - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 2 new ones

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             02-Dec-01  @  05:30 AM   -   2 new ones

Sensoniq

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Some 4 on the floor chillout in "No what you bitch"

And I took a stab at classical with "Death by Irregular Heart" but not sure it worked out...

As always your feedback is greatly valued

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             02-Dec-01  @  05:59 AM   -   RE: 2 new ones

influx

Link?:  Link

jesus! are you still on welfare or some shit? or are these just things that youve had laying around?

Message 3/13             02-Dec-01  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: 2 new ones

xoxos

i've always considered irrhythmia to be a mild plus.. like a free carnival ride.

2 more nice excursions.. you just wrapped up 'heart' and did 'bitch' didn't you? living and breathing it. tip top animagenic man imho.

Message 4/13             02-Dec-01  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: 2 new ones

sensoniq

Actually both of you are right sorta. I just wrapped up "heart," but "bitch" I had finished last week and it just took a little extra eqing to get it to 32kbps.

That's the thing with the classical "heart" piece...I wanted to give it that freeform feel in the rhythm but maybe there are just too many parts that it sounds sloppy? It's weird, with the metronome ticking throughout everything sounds dead on, but then without the metronome things appear little messy.

Actually I kind of enjoy writing classical stuff -- don't have to worry about drums, groove, rhythm -- it's just music at it's purest.

Message 5/13             02-Dec-01  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: 2 new ones

sitar

"No What You Bitch" has a nice feeling to it. I could see melting into it on the dancefloor and wanting it to go on for a long time. "Death" works. Makes me think I should chill and write something classical-like. It would probably help me clear my head and come back fresher to do more dance tracks.

Message 6/13             02-Dec-01  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: 2 new ones

bedwyr

bitch sounds good, maybe make the vocoder bit more 'intelligable' (sp?)(defined?) vocoder sounds a muffled to me. and the string one, those thumps you know, you've got the space in the mix to give those quite a bit of echoy reverb, no need to worry about bottom end muddyness there. (just a thought). another thing you could do with heart is to sample bits of it for a breakbeat style track, know what i mean? maybe use www.izotope.com vinyl 1.5 (free and cool) to make it sound like u sampled off vinyl.

all good tho, and not an eighties style in sight ;)

Message 7/13             03-Dec-01  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: 2 new ones

brad

I bet the vocoder sounds dope on the hi-fi version.

I dig the snap sound for the snare. I'm collecting snaps wanna send it to me? Heh heh, just kidding ;-)

um but you still could send it to me if you wanted.

Message 8/13             03-Dec-01  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: 2 new ones

sensoniq

good call about the thumps in "heart" -- I had actually tried adding some echo and tail to the thumps but I definitely can go a little crazier...
Isn't that funny -- it only took me an extra decade to realize it's time to leave the 80's behind

Yeah the vocoder does sound better in hifi, but in general I'm not ecstatic about the sound of my virus b's vocoder. I just use it since it's the only one I got at the moment. I can send you the snap if you want, it's from the old Steinberg LM-4 drum module (not the new mkII), layered, with some compression and mid eq.

You guys would be surprised how nice it is to take a break from the usual routine and try writing some classical or reggae or something different...It kind of gives you a new perspective to go back to your usual stuff with. It's funny, after writing a little reggae my next regular tune had a major reggae feel to it (Day Turns into Night). I can only wonder what will be incorporated from this classical

Message 9/13             03-Dec-01  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: 2 new ones

bedwyr

sensoniq, too true. my girlfirend says (whenever i'm down about me music) 'why don't you try writing in a style that you absolutely hate?' ... no pressure to be good/cool then, is there?

and there's nothing wrong with an 80's fix, isn't that french named geezer doing tracks for madonna's next album? jack le cunt? wassizname? ah, go on, someone put me straight ..., very eighties style licks anyway.

Message 10/13             05-Dec-01  @  05:53 AM   -   RE: 2 new ones

sensoniq

Your girl's absolutely right bedwyr...if you try writing a style that you hate then you still learn from it. You just learn what you hate rather than what you like. That can help you get a more refined sense of what your own music's all about (in relation to the rest of the world).

Well that's my theory anyway...Now if only I had some polka lying around I could try getting a feel for it and testing the hypothesis. Hmm. I guess I could try the country station but I might end up hurling before I make it to my gear

Message 11/13             05-Dec-01  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: 2 new ones

xoxos

tango!

you got a problem with pedal steel? come! on! western accents arer the best (and easiest.)

Message 12/13             05-Dec-01  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: 2 new ones

bedwyr

my grl maybe right, but she's absolutely petrified at the moment, medical finals in a week! aaaarrrrgh!

if i had a working guitar, maybe i'd try heavy metal.

Message 13/13             05-Dec-01  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: 2 new ones

xoxos

all you need is a jv1010 for heavy metal!!! (randyman.. hate to advertise but it's been a year now and some people still mention that goddamn song every time i see them.. which is like every week..)

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)