aaa Why Nords Will Continue to Rule - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             03-Dec-01  @  04:18 AM   -   Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

GT

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Nord Modular, the keyboard - simple the most flexable synth on the market today, bar none. We've seen synth after synth in the studio come and go, the modular is a piece of awe and permenant fixture.

The sound is in your face. The audio processing is stunning really as is the DAC's which enable such a thing. Soft, warm, cold, Hard are the split persona; beautiful all in one top top quality box from the laplands.

This synth seems to be relentlessly limitless even after much usage.

You see, Access has all the hype of "waiting to get mine" cos they create their own market, but the synth? It isn't all that. Novation have a the old Roland sound, BUT Reaktor will tear that box up, trust that, they've nailed it! But ya see, Clavia have the skills and knowledge.

They have a whole floor of vintage kit that they use to model the wave forms off of and then programme the module ideas.

We await the Nord Modular 2; wonder, how in the world can they improve? DSP, sample RAM is the guess. Ideas?

(it's late, so i'm sure i've spielllled some wrong)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             03-Dec-01  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

99devils

Link?: Link

It's not really fair to compare a Nord Modular to a Virus.. I've got a Nord Lead and a Virus and I love them both. I'd say they're equally as good, although you can pull more stuff out of the Virus.

-Craig

Message 3/13             04-Dec-01  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

influx

Link?:  Link

yeah. whats up with the "it aint all that". come on GT...its great that you love your modular, but why talk shit?

Message 4/13             04-Dec-01  @  09:58 AM   -   RE: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

xoxos

it's like when you're dating a girl and you look for the faults in other girls so you can convince yourself you've got the best deal.

Message 5/13             04-Dec-01  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

GT

*chuckle* yes, I see now.

Can I now go on about soft synths?  

Message 6/13             04-Dec-01  @  02:22 PM   -   RE: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

99devils

Sure be my guest.

BTW I'd really love a Nord Modular   After the Mod2 comes out I bet I'll be able to snag one cheap  

-Craig

Message 7/13             04-Dec-01  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

influx

haha well my softsynth is just better than yours!

Message 8/13             05-Dec-01  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

GT

(music and overdub) "Are you tired of wack Virus b's...."

Message 9/13             05-Dec-01  @  10:09 AM   -   RE: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

xoxos

btw don't think there's anything wrong with making stuff up to convince yourself that something you want to be true is.. just better done on your own.

Message 10/13             05-Dec-01  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

99devils

I am the greatest producer in the world!!

Did I say that out loud?!?

-Craig

Message 11/13             05-Dec-01  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

influx

GT have you fuckin heard that shit? Lets GIT 'IM!~!!

Message 12/13             06-Dec-01  @  04:59 AM   -   RE: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

GT

Brian is funny to me. Only he can hype things up so much when they're so mundane -cd's, plugins, and umm, coding in Supercollider, kyma etc.

"Brian makes it hard on himself" - PVD speaking about how much he wishes Brian would return to IMA era music.

Message 13/13             21-Dec-01  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: Why Nords Will Continue to Rule

GT

BTW Modular heads, Clavia has an new ftp link chock full of patches.

Warning

The nord modular can double as a neighborhood mind controller. Our studio test labs have shown the nord modular can produce a severe loss of any sense of time by emitting sublimital seduction wave forms.

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)