aaa Music Theory forum got me thinking - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Music Theory forum got me thinking

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             04-Dec-01  @  10:07 PM   -   Music Theory forum got me thinking

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Was reading a music history question which led to a discussion of renaissance music, which led me to reminisce how I love the in your face sound of crumhorns, which led me then to ponder crumhorns might be perfect for hard techno, which led again to a new possibility...Crum'n'Bass. Sometimes you have to let your mind take you where it wants to go and dare to dream.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             04-Dec-01  @  10:10 PM   -   RE: Music Theory forum got me thinking

sitar

Damn. Thought I posted this in the music tech forum. Oh well. Another fleeting moment of human brilliance will go largely unnoticed.

Message 3/13             04-Dec-01  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: Music Theory forum got me thinking

xoxos

Link?: Link

thank god for that eh  

Message 4/13             04-Dec-01  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: Music Theory forum got me thinking

Boxwell

what a belter!

Message 5/13             05-Dec-01  @  05:59 AM   -   RE: Music Theory forum got me thinking

sensoniq

Here's my music theory:

There are seven tonal degrees to the scale in Western music...And seven is a prime number...so...The key to the mystery of finding a pattern in prime numbers can be found somewhere in Western music

Message 6/13             05-Dec-01  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: Music Theory forum got me thinking

xoxos

ghmm have to develop a softsynth algorithm based on that sometime..

Message 7/13             05-Dec-01  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: Music Theory forum got me thinking

bedwyr

what about pentatonic, maybe it's in there too? and you can do it with just the black notes!

Message 8/13             05-Dec-01  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: Music Theory forum got me thinking

Muddy Waters

Link?:  No link

on the seventh hour

of the seventh day

on the seventh website

the seventh poster say

you were born to sequence

that you'll see

you can make such soulful music

playin' only on black keys!

Message 9/13             05-Dec-01  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: Music Theory forum got me thinking

xoxos

heh every black guy i know only plays the black keys. okay, it's only 4, but still.

Message 10/13             05-Dec-01  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: Music Theory forum got me thinking

sensoniq

what about chinese guys?

Message 11/13             05-Dec-01  @  11:32 PM   -   RE: Music Theory forum got me thinking

sitar

That's why you rarely find pianos in China.

Message 12/13             18-Dec-01  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: Music Theory forum got me thinking

Bastiaan (Hajee)

I always thought the that onl the black keys sounded rather chinese...

Message 13/13             18-Dec-01  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: Music Theory forum got me thinking

Espoo2

Link?:  No link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)