aaa stay 24k & 56k - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: stay 24k & 56k

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             05-Dec-01  @  05:47 PM   -   stay 24k & 56k

bedwyr

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ok i just uploaded 2 snippets, stay -24k and for the more production inclined 56. only 2 mins long. it's what i was talikn about in '1st time dnb' thread other day. i can't get hold of any jon b at the moment (no money, and morpheus only comes up with some hip hop rnb shit) influx, you mentioned andy c but no track names. i'm basically stuck for an arrangement, and any tips for levels would be cool too. not asking too much am i? i know it's a bit much to post up bits of tracks, but i'm stuck.

anyway, i like the sort of live sound of the drum smalpes (does the kick i'm using mean i can put more bass on than if i was using a 909 or something similar. i guess yes)

much appreceation in advance of slaughter. ;)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             05-Dec-01  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: stay 24k & 56k

milan

Link?:  Link

mate, listen to Pressure Rise´s "Focus" LP, i think its what you´re looking for. and also some Marcus Intalex´s newer stuff.

i like the begining, but after that it gets kinda funny in places. i´ll gladly give you a serious comment laterz. right now i´m making some dnb myself  

Message 3/9             05-Dec-01  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: stay 24k & 56k

xo

Link?:  No link

are you gettying that thing where because you're in this style you can only do the things that 'are done' in the style? it could prolly use fresh ness. you don't fancy an instrumental solo, or some space sounds? even going with what there is, you could cohp up the lyrics and do some 'body'/'two' (to-gether) and flip those around a load. not to like to say what to do. ink blot.

didn't you say you had some accordion samples or somethnig?

Message 4/9             05-Dec-01  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: stay 24k & 56k

bedwyr

i know what you mean about style trouble. thing is my grl told me to do this coz she likes drum and bass, so i've got orders. might make me finish it. there's definaely gonna be some synth solo inflections in it, and i want a spacy/scary intro & breakdown. but i dunno about the bits inbetween. i just downloaded a couple of peoples suggestions so i maybe got an better idea. lisening to 'real' tunes makes me realise i've squashed the life out of this with my compression, and the breaks aren't tight enough in places.

accordion, yup i'll post your midi back tomorrow, but u'll have to program your own, triangle waves i think.

Message 5/9             05-Dec-01  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: stay 24k & 56k

influx

Link?:  Link

Personally I think its pretty damn good! Id like it just a bit faster, with a little more drumwork (but actually this is pretty tight too..maybe just some more snare movement)

as for HOW to do it? sorry. you know where I stand there.

you already have either the BODY of the song (if you want a mellow roller) or an intro/outro (if youre leaning toward makin it mean and hard in the middle as a floorkiller)

To be honest, with a finished product..this would fit right in on a mellow DnB mix and is on par with a good portion of the stuff Ive heard

see what good ol Stevie says cuz hes the DnB snob;)

Message 6/9             06-Dec-01  @  10:44 AM   -   RE: stay 24k & 56k

xoxos

oh i see, accordion isn't good enuff for *your* track then. no space for accordion in d+b is that it i could go on with this

not like i want to be remembered for supporting roland, but i think i'll just use one of the 9 accordion presets on my jv1010.. EVERY family in the world needs one of these little black boxes i tell ya

Message 7/9             06-Dec-01  @  12:49 PM   -   RE: stay 24k & 56k

bedwyr

ha ha, ok i might stick one in somewhere, disguised tho. thanks for the ideas, i'm putting them to good use. might even squeeze a crafty sample in for all you film buffs. i haven't listened to so much dnb in years, quite good it is as well. ;) right now it's marcus intalex live at junglodium in march. crap name for a night though. :P

Message 8/9             06-Dec-01  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: stay 24k & 56k

marianimal

Link?:  No link

Yeah, personally I could hear it a little faster with some drums that stand out more. Influx's arranging ideas make a lot of sense. But you could still put in an accordion or whatever you want, don't have to let the style prevent you from making a bold choice if it works.

Message 9/9             06-Dec-01  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: stay 24k & 56k

Boxwell

I really liked it. The levels were seemed fine but its hard to say with the MP3. I finished my first ever D'n'B track the other day. See the Afghan Hound thread in this forum. Mine doesn't flow as much as yours does.

Nice work mate

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)