aaa Protocol Droid = fun techno! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Protocol Droid = fun techno!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             10-Dec-01  @  11:08 PM   -   Protocol Droid = fun techno!

Protocol Droid

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello peeps,

I have completed an 8 min. long, repetitive techno track with some potentially interesting percussion builds and fun night of the living dead samples! Today is my birthday, so I had to write something grim. As per usual, the bitrate did a number on this track. This is mostly because it was pretty heavily compressed in T-Racks, so it was already kind of subtle in the sound. I think it sounds all right, though; at least enough to get the point.

If you can manage, sit through the whole track and tell me what you think.

thanks for listening/reading,

- Nick

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             11-Dec-01  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: Protocol Droid = fun techno!

influx

Link?:  Link

just a thought, but using the word repetitive in your description, since its usually considered to be synonymous with "boring" or "incessant" or the like, is probably not a good idea.

ya think?

Message 3/9             11-Dec-01  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: Protocol Droid = fun techno!

Protocol Droid

but I counter-balanced that with the comment about percussive builds and the like. Most electronic music is repetitive whether we like to admit it or not, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is just the SAME thing over and over again. Just repetitive generally.

- Nick

Message 4/9             11-Dec-01  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: Protocol Droid = fun techno!

influx

hehe. yeah but you also said LONG and BORING  seriously..all Im saying is that youre gonna lose interest by using those types of words!

how bout...uh...dramatic...or good ol "epic" 

as for repetitive..uh...cant think of a good sounding word

and sure...ALL music is repetitive in some form. Show me something that isnt and I will be surprised, but..."techno", with a straight 4/4 for seemingly hours on end with little change...dunno man..thats just pushin it. Havent listened yet (partly because you said its long and repetitive ) so guess someone else will have to comment on that one

Message 5/9             11-Dec-01  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Protocol Droid = fun techno!

bedwyr

Link?: Link

it's too long. and it repeats. :P

didn't like it as much as that other one (?), sometimes i feel the claps are a bit loud and the kick disappears, but maybe that's what you wanted with compression? uhmm, not my cup of earl grey, not today anyway.

Message 6/9             11-Dec-01  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: Protocol Droid = fun techno!

marianimal

Well really he didn't say "long" he said "8 min. long" which to me seems pretty appropriate for repetitive techno. I couldn't tell which tune was the new one, but I knew I listened to Rave Jooce before so I listened to the other 3. I like Vaporized best(that's the 3rd one, right?); I dig the sounds and the changes. Yeah, I do think the claps are a bit overdone. I think claps are usually best in small doses. And hey, my roommate overheard (I put the fones on but didn't shut off the speakers, oops), someone who doesn't listen to dance music b/c he finds it too repetitive, and he said this sounded good.

Message 7/9             11-Dec-01  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: Protocol Droid = fun techno!

influx

oops! he never said BORING either  now THAT would be some bad advertisement;)

Message 8/9             12-Dec-01  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: Protocol Droid = fun techno!

Protocol Droid

yes, I am reworking this track now, taking into account the clap issue. I kinda noticed that too after a while, it got annoying   Thanks for the replies everyone!

Message 9/9             12-Dec-01  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: Protocol Droid = fun techno!

milan

the clap isue... better be carefull man  

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)