aaa Nord lead 2 tuning problem - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nord lead 2 tuning problem

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             12-Dec-01  @  12:59 AM   -   Nord lead 2 tuning problem

Rzo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I acquired a Nordlead2 from a friend. It seems that its tuning is off by about a semitone. I can fix it by actually tuning it up like +70 or so in the master tune, but that seems wack to keep it like that.
One thing I noticed was that when recording, I get a constant streem of data from the pitch wheel (bar whatever). Could that be causing it?
if so, does that mean I need to have the thing serviced? :-p
Any help is greatly aprreciated. Peace

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             12-Dec-01  @  04:06 AM   -   RE: Nord lead 2 tuning problem

k

Link?:  Link

definately it's the controller stuck somehow by the sound if it, is there a reset or something?.. the pitch wheel is centered tho right?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             12-Dec-01  @  06:05 AM   -   RE: Nord lead 2 tuning problem

influx

Link?:  Link

should be a hard reset function. RTFM 

also..open it up and have a look! Nords are very well designed and easy to get around inside

Message 4/9             13-Dec-01  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: Nord lead 2 tuning problem

99devils

Link?: Link

It is sometimes normal to have some pitchbend data coming from a Nord. The stick is made to have no dead spots, so sometimes that's the price you pay.. But if the data isn't somewhere around dead center, then you have a problem.

I'd do a reset on it (don't remember how offhand), and RTM to see if there's some kind of global parameter that might be screwing the tuning up on you.

-Craig

Message 5/9             13-Dec-01  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: Nord lead 2 tuning problem

xoxos

ewchy.. mine doesn't do that..

Message 6/9             13-Dec-01  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: Nord lead 2 tuning problem

99devils

Do what? send pitch bend data? It's not a continuous stream, but mine most definately does send out some pitch bend data while playing..

-Craig

Message 7/9             14-Dec-01  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: Nord lead 2 tuning problem

xoxos

nope, never.. not even during really excited vigorous playing (a-frame goes side to side.. and i wear a special costume..)

Message 8/9             14-Dec-01  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Nord lead 2 tuning problem

fight picker

Link?:  No link

"and i wear a special costume..)"

wear it HERE! dammnit

Message 9/9             15-Dec-01  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: Nord lead 2 tuning problem

xoxos

can you explain exactly how that would be a fight??

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)