aaa alright you chumps thats ENOUGH - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Viewing all 67 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

Original Message 1/67             13-Dec-01  @  06:55 AM   -   alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

OK. How many of you fuckers are voting for your OWN tracks on a REGULAR basis. COME ON. FESS UP!!!

Now lemme ask you this. WHY? To see your name up there? Ill admit I did it a couple times partly to see how many other votes I had

at the time, when i did it the track had about 8 votes, and the #1 had like 132 or something. now its pretty clear that people like "Hyenas" are sitting there voting for themselves every chance they get, and Id be quite surprised if no one else was.

so whats the point? I mean..come on...arent you satisfied with what you done in and of itself? Not good enough?

This is ridiculously amusing, I say. So, I guess, thank you losers for giving me something to chuckle at!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/67             13-Dec-01  @  09:30 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

xoxos

Link?: Link

aah, influx, you illustrate the principal of reciprocity so well.. in that the world appears to you as you present yourself to it.. for if you had not conceived of an individual - namely yourself - cheating the system in this manner, then you would not so readily suspect others of the same.

you will notice that for instance my track, 'virtual paradise,' has been in the top for weeks now, through no invention of my own, but rather purely by the sheer happenstance of it being in an easy position to observe. you will also notice that your tracks have not been in the top five in this time, as your corrupt and decietful spirit is communicated to others through all media, and possibly by superlative means as well.

so it has been said by the ancients, "it takes one to know one, innit."

sorry bro, just reading the ozzy-b gear tips..

Message 3/67             13-Dec-01  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Maarten

heh, your truly poetic xoxos, anyway bit of a lame excuse influx as you should be able to count the votes using the mail confirmations you recieve from the DT server :P

Message 4/67             13-Dec-01  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Deano

Link?:  No link

Personally I've never voted for my own track, but I know a mate did a few times. I didn't ask him to and he didn't tell me till afterwards. But I reckon the tunes in the chart are more likely to be listened to, so once they are in there they are likely to stay there by getting votes from real punters. So if people rig it by voting for their own stuff they are going to get more exposure. Makes it kinda tempting to some people perhaps. The trouble is, because of this, I don't think the chart is any indication of quality ( a bit like the "real" charts I suppose, which are rigged in a different way ). If you want to know how good your stuff is the DT office playlist is a better indication. I've found that I'm more likely to hear stuff I like by just picking at random rather than listening to stuff that's in the chart. I don't know if they're is any way round this...any ideas?

Message 5/67             13-Dec-01  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

steve

it is pretty funny tho aint it?

Message 6/67             13-Dec-01  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Boxwell

It's pretty pathetic as well though.

Is there no way of cancelling any regular votes from the same computer?

Message 7/67             13-Dec-01  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

sitar

I've seen that twice about getting emails everytime your track is voted for, but I haven't gotten any though I've gotten votes. Maybe you have to enable something or other. I voted for the 1st 2 tracks I put up once each, also out of curiosity. The 3rd was so bad in MP3 I thought it would be ludicrous to vote for it. I remember reading in a post that voting for your track once was exceptable behavior. Whatever.

Message 8/67             13-Dec-01  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

knowa

I did it once, to see how many votes I had. I'm fairly certain that this is not going to have much of an effect. I'm sure most people have more than my 47,437 votes...Kilo, you should set it up so that you can only vote for each track once from the same IP address. Of course, you could always surf the local libraries and vote from there, and get recent immigrants to vote for you as payment for "internet lessons."

Message 9/67             13-Dec-01  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

milan

47,437 votes!? (runs of to click on the track to see if its true...)

now THAT is a cool way to rig votes!

Message 10/67             13-Dec-01  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

steve

knowa - lots of eu folk (like meself) have dynamic ips so each time we log on we`re running off a different number....

I still say its funny - how many people here are running cable? Some of those tracks wont stream at all for more than 5 secs on dialup yet they`ve been right up the top of the charts for weeks.

Message 11/67             13-Dec-01  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

bedwyr

i'm on cable my grlfrnd is on cable, and we have the same ip even though she lives on the other side of town. she rigged the vote while she was in the college library, gave me 30 odd votes. thank god she's stopped now, it is a bit embarrasing, good thing is coz k uses the 'last voted for' chart i've disappeared from the chart.

i think most people do it to give themselves exposure. why they can't go down the park with a raincoat, i don't know. ;)

Message 12/67             13-Dec-01  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

k

HA HA HA LOL... xoxos that WAS funny !! heh hehehehhe

yeah, i reworked the vote thing once already, when i find time i'll build a more powerful sniffer & delimiter which'll take the IP root address ONLY and compare that on a date basis so that NO Ip address root can vote for the same track in a week period.

really this chart'll be more relevent when the site starts phase_2 of our 'masterplan for world domination'

DANCETECH INVADES AFGHANISTAN

watch for the headlines now!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/67             13-Dec-01  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

sitar

Woohoo!

Damn I better go vote for all my tracks as much as I can before phase 2 kicks in  

Message 14/67             13-Dec-01  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

xoxos, youre right to a certain degree, but when someone comes along and posts a string of tracks and suddenly there they are with NO other comments in threads etc, its pretty clear

you can poke fun all you want in your admittedly clever way, and this certainly isnt a serious matter, but it IS fucking pathetic

and thats not true about the mail thing, is it? its been a long time since one of my tracks was voted on, so I cant remember.

its just more of the same old bullshit. Hyenas talk about being all groundbreaking and futuristic, and the majority seem to think that what THEY do is so god damn special when theyre simply recycling the exact same thing over and over again

there is talent here, no doubt, but the bottom line is that i fyou think that getting on the tiny little chart really MATTERS then you are one sad individual

rurik..you get votes because your music is interesting. and you dont have what...6 songs in a row on there? Its obvious what happened and its lame

I cant even fully explain why it bothers me but it does

Message 15/67             13-Dec-01  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

k

ha ha ha... wind, wind, wind .... guffaw  

Message 16/67             13-Dec-01  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

whatever the hell that means

Message 17/67             13-Dec-01  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

xoxos

i got nothing but respect for your perspective, d. with the rest of the crap that goes on, i wouldn't be surprised at all..

but hey, you listened to them.. i've seen them up there and listened to a track.. i'm hip-hopped out (and not smoking at the mo) so no vote from me, but it is possible it's legit.. esp. since might have told their mates to go have a listen. there's that one guy.. i didn't catch the words about androgyny so no real clue but nice with the birds and the bees and the birds and the bees and all.. hell.. he's been posting tracks here for ??? gotta be going on 6 months a year and i don't recall a single thread. what a sweetheart track.

i'll say just about anything really. you same too

sides i got a sneeeky suspicion that someone, somewhere, needs to be cognisant of them there words i put there and apply them to their own life eh so thanks

i'm going to bed in an hour and it would be nice if you'd all post loads of stuff to read when i get up. i need about two hours okay? ta - oh, i'll be drinking loads and loads of nasty instant coffee so please no full caps or bold

Message 18/67             13-Dec-01  @  10:17 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

bedwyr

well, i'm going to the pub right now. and if i hear anything interesting down the royal oak, i'll be sure to post.

did i say interesting? hmm. maybe not.

Message 19/67             13-Dec-01  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

bed? hehe. its 3:30 where you are 

Message 20/67             13-Dec-01  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

steve

he plays games with his bodyclock.

Message 21/67             14-Dec-01  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

ever read those studies that say we are actually designed to be active during the day and sleep at night?

dunno if I buy it tho...

Message 22/67             14-Dec-01  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

steve

I think ......don`t people that work nightsifts suffer more health problems or sumfing? More insomnia and stuff too cos your heads saying "be awake, you cunt" during daylight.

Don`t fancy doing it meself.

Message 23/67             14-Dec-01  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

bedwyr

nightshift workers have a lower life expectancy. not enough sunlight, more prone to depression etc. - s.a.d. and what have you. i'm thinking of getting a night shift in tescos stacking shelves. rot my brain and numb my soul at the same time.

Message 24/67             14-Dec-01  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

xoxos

i didn't know you typed with a japanese accent steve?!?!

oh and fuck off you cunts. i am pure fire

Message 25/67             30-Dec-01  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Boxwell

They are starting to take the piss a bit now.

Message 26/67             31-Dec-01  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

who? hyenas? I mean shiiiit. like 7 or so tracks all in a row?

sad, pitiful lives must be being lived if folks feel the need to sit and vote for themselves on such a chart

sad, sad, sad.

Message 27/67             31-Dec-01  @  02:30 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Matias Monteagudo

I vote for my track every day (that's the least I can do) why? why you didn't vote for your own work?. I receive two or three votes a day, some days I get nothing.

As Kilo said, the chart doesn't matter on the competition, there will be a group judging the tracks.

Message 28/67             31-Dec-01  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

at least you admit it, but sorry man..that is just pathetic

why do you vote for your own track? so you can see your name on top there?

I wondered how it was that you were on top with so many votes.

I dont care if it has anything to do with the competition, which Im not too concerned about anyway, but Im more concerned with the fact that it doesnt have anything to do with ANYTHING yet people still..

aww fuck it. no point really, is there

Message 29/67             31-Dec-01  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Matias Monteagudo

I simply receive votes mate, what can I say?

You did receive many votes when the competition begun, you was on the top for many weeks, but now is different, I did receive votes for my other tracks but not as "Virtual trip" that's all.

Message 30/67             31-Dec-01  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

bedwyr

simply recieve votes? you just said you vote for your track every day. let other people decide innit. should we all vote for our tracks every day? no. how tedious.

Message 31/67             31-Dec-01  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

theres a difference. the votes I got were because other people liked my stuff. Ive fallen off the charts now and couldnt really care less

you just said you vote for your own every day. think about how cheesy that is.

its like...so bad its PROCESSED cheese

Message 32/67             31-Dec-01  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

sitar

Cheez Wiz is the best for macaroni and cheese. I was surprised one of mine stayed so long on the chart. At this point it doesn't take many votes to keep you up there, so voting for yourself every day will do it. It's a 7 day chart yes?

Message 33/67             31-Dec-01  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

bedwyr

i think it's a combination of total voted and most recently voted.

Message 34/67             31-Dec-01  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

xoxos

don't worry about the rest of the world mathias. it's a bit of a dump, really. and central american girls are hottest of the lot, if you like that sort of thing.

Message 35/67             02-Jan-02  @  04:50 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Matias Monteagudo

Yep! definately, weed'n'chicks

Message 36/67             02-Jan-02  @  07:07 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

the moral man

Voting for your own tracks is a bit like masterbating. Everyone does it but only a small percentage will admit to it

Message 37/67             02-Jan-02  @  08:05 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Sensoniq

Ok voting for one or two is one thing but Hyenas is all over the damn chart! Never in the history of dancetech charts has a single artist commadeered so many fucking spots for himself...
Now either his music is REALLY hot stuff, or there needs to be an adjustment to the system to ensure this type of thing don't happen again

BTW sure is fucking fantastic being able to curse while logged on as a registered user and shit

Message 38/67             02-Jan-02  @  08:36 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

xoxos

now i'm pissed. these heinous drove my 'virtual paradise' track right off the charts!!

Message 39/67             02-Jan-02  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

xoxos

STOP VOTING FOR MY TRACKS WHENEVER I MENTION HOW MANY VOTES THEY'RE NOT GETTING!!!!! like salt in my wounds it is

weed.. i think i'd happily throw a parade for my own tracks given enough stone-time..

Message 40/67             02-Jan-02  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

formant

xoxoxoxos i just saw/listened to your track on the clavia site...

didn't know you were famous! :-)

jamey

Message 41/67             02-Jan-02  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

actually Hyenas is why I started the thread

hehe. Heinous

Matias..I think you might go a bit overboard with it.

I have voted for THREE of my own tracks, just to see what happened. It was before I knew you "could" so I was testing. but every day?

seriously..to what end? WHY?

cuss away, sensoniq. what a wonderful sense of freedom!

Message 42/67             03-Jan-02  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

xoxos

everybody happy now, everybody singing we're bulletproof.

Message 43/67             03-Jan-02  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Boxwell

Hyenas haven't had much to say on the matter.

Loose talk costs lives.

Message 44/67             03-Jan-02  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

k

But they have added alot of tracks, and added images with each track, which DOES tend to draw attention to the track when reading thru the results pages i find, just as it does when shuffling thu the s/h vinyls in the exchange-mart racks... anyways.... so what, it's just a microcosm of the way the whole music industry works innit!!!  

Message 45/67             03-Jan-02  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

k

also, remember DT is setup to cater for much bigger traffic in the future, we didnt even start to promote the site yet... it's still word of mouth only at the moment.

Message 46/67             03-Jan-02  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

sitar

That means I better write something descent  

Message 47/67             03-Jan-02  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

decent

and kilo..youre right..its a microcosm and blah blah blah

maybe theres something wrong with that? instead of just pumping stuff out and claiming its THE FUTURE OF MUSIC when its not...maybe people should focus more on the work and a bit less on the promotion. good music promotes itself

also..again..theres just not much gain by voting for your own tracks really! I think you should pull that feature. one should be able to vote ONCE as in an election

Message 48/67             03-Jan-02  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

bedwyr

you tell bush that.

Message 49/67             03-Jan-02  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

too many other things Id like to tell him

Message 50/67             04-Jan-02  @  09:45 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

bedwyr

Message 51/67             04-Jan-02  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

k

well actualy imo good music does NOT promote itself. I could reel off in my mind endless people i've known who had great music but never promoted it.

Message 52/67             04-Jan-02  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

xoxos

...or condemned it..

Message 53/67             05-Jan-02  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

k

well sure, not everyone wants to promote it, but i know the difference between that persons vibe and a person who's really a bit frustrated and bored... i dunno if there's anything wrong with it, it's showbusiness after all in the end innit?.. well some of it.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 54/67             05-Jan-02  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

damballah

and there's no bidness like show bidness. except maybe crackwhore. looks good on the resumé, crackwhore does.

Message 55/67             05-Jan-02  @  04:26 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

K

you're right. Good music doesnt always sell itself, BUT...theres just no way to argue that there isnt an overwhelming amount of absolute SHIT out there being sold as IT

would you even try to argue such a thing?

and...my whole point is..THERE IS NO GAIN in this specific situation (hehe except getting people to talk about you)

you said something about loose talk costing lives...what the HELL are you talking about? eh?

You also said that "Hyenas" havent been here to speak for themselves?

I rest my case

Message 56/67             05-Jan-02  @  05:36 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

GT

bedwyr

...as if there was a competent alternative

Message 57/67             05-Jan-02  @  06:00 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

GT. are you KIDDING? no alternative?

nader? but NOOOOOOO.

I say Ah-Nuld for pres. Or Bruce Willis (the one in Diehard...a true leader if I eva saw one)

Message 58/67             05-Jan-02  @  09:14 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

xoxos

that nice guy who always does 'funniest home videos' would do okay, i mean he likes kids and kittens and stuff.

Message 59/67             05-Jan-02  @  11:33 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

which one? bob sagat? or the new asshole

Message 60/67             05-Jan-02  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

damballah

there's a new asshole? why the hell wasn't I alerted?

Message 61/67             05-Jan-02  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

GT

Alan Keyes...ah, patriot, then politician.
Wow, what a concept.

Message 62/67             05-Jan-02  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

k

i think you're mistaking me for someone else influx. I didnt say those things you quote under my message.

Message 63/67             05-Jan-02  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

oops
sorry..boxwell.

so boxwell..wtf are you talking about?  

loose talk costs lives? eh?

Message 64/67             05-Jan-02  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

oops
sorry..boxwell.

so boxwell..wtf are you talking about?  

loose talk costs lives? eh?

Message 65/67             06-Jan-02  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Boxwell

One for the Brits I'm afraid, influx.

(old wartime slogan - think posh English accent like on the old government footage.)

Message 66/67             06-Jan-02  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

I thought it was loose lips sink ships?

You were meaning that its not cool to be talking "about" the Hyenas crew when they arent here to defend right?

and I said MY POINT EXACTLY 

Message 67/67             06-Jan-02  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

xoxos

i fucking hate ships.

Viewing all 67 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

There are 67 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)