aaa Reverse Reverberation???? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Reverse Reverberation????

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18             19-Dec-01  @  01:45 AM   -   Reverse Reverberation????

DJ Waste da Money

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Is there an easy trick for putting reverse reverb on shit? Ya know, when the reverb leads up to the source, rather than fading from it? I know how to do it manually but it takes forever (recording completely wet reverb, reversing that, then layer it over the original source). Is it possible to do it with a certain plug-in configuration, or is that impossible?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             19-Dec-01  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

you gotta do it the hard way with this one...

you got the wrong forum btw.

Message 3/18             19-Dec-01  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

influx

Link?:  Link

ahahahahaha!!!!!

god damn thats funny nothing!

anyway..."it takes forever..."

are you KIDDING ME? are you that lazy? it takes what...dunno...2 minutes? maybe 5?

if youre asking is there a way to get that effect by any other means than sampling, I dont think so

Message 4/18             19-Dec-01  @  04:10 AM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

sitar

You can reverse the source add reverb, then reverse that. Less predictable and less dramatic but it'll probably cut 30 seconds off the time.

Message 5/18             19-Dec-01  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

sitar

You know, I've never done a reverse delay. Hmmm. Some of you guys must've tried that.

What about a reverse parametric eq :P

Message 6/18             19-Dec-01  @  04:16 AM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

damballah

don't fergit reverse synched delay. nah, prolly not worth yer time.

Message 7/18             19-Dec-01  @  04:39 AM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

influx

you know..speaking of which..Ive always wondered how Pink Floyd did that pre-delay thing in "The Wall" (pt 1 is it? or 3? no education...) where there is an echo on the voice but it comes BEFORE the actual vocal?

Tape, right? but DAMN how did they do that?!?!?!

hehe. that would certainly be too time consuming

Message 8/18             19-Dec-01  @  04:48 AM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

damballah

you just flip the reels over, doncha? you could be like hendrix (well, and others) flip your file, play along to the reverse, then reverse the whole mess again. "there ain't no life nowhere" style hippy shit.

Message 9/18             19-Dec-01  @  04:54 AM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

influx

but the "pre-delay" aint backwards!!!

damn..Im gonna hafta rip it and post it so you know what Im talkin about. Ive always dug the way they did that

Message 10/18             19-Dec-01  @  08:48 AM     Edit: 19-Dec-01  |  08:49 AM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

sounds like maybe a tape loop or sumtin.

loop the vocal for 4 or 8 bars, then raise the
volume from 0 to 100 % ???

dunno if there is tape loops tho.

Message 11/18             19-Dec-01  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

Deano

You guys must be so young you don't remeber multi-track tape. You turn the reels over and the tape plays backwards. Record the delay onto another track. Turn the tape back over, and when you play it back you get the delay before the dry track but the right way round. As to how you do it with your new-fangled computer thingies I don't know.

Message 12/18             19-Dec-01  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

sitar

See that. The question now is: Does it take too much time to do this?

I'm gonna play around some with reverse delays.

Message 13/18             19-Dec-01  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

damballah

yep, that's what I said, just flip the reels. on an 8 track, track 1 becomes track 8, etc. used to do it all the time on my little fostex 4-track cassette way back when.

Message 14/18             19-Dec-01  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

k

yup me too - but with digital just record the reverb to a stereo track, reverse the reverb file & drag to line it up - that simple!

Message 15/18             19-Dec-01  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

influx

thanks Deano. No..Ive never worked with tape

Message 16/18             19-Dec-01  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

xoxos

sound you don't hear anymore.. flip tape, run analog delay, muck with the rate.. acidacidacid candyass little DAW boys hah

Message 17/18             20-Dec-01  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

Deano

I've seen it used on handclaps. Record a few people clapping in time, add reverb with some early reflections forwards and backwards and it sounds like a hundred people clapping. It really should be something that is easy to do on a computer recording system, not in real time maybe but off-line. All the data is there all the time so there is no "going back in time" problem. I'm surprised there isn't a plug-in that can do pre-delay.

Message 18/18             20-Dec-01  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: Reverse Reverberation????

damballah

you could dupe the track, drag it (X) beats forward, and apply a filter or sumpin to "lo" the "fi" a little bit. rinse. repeat.

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)