aaa Konflict - Beckoning Bassline - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             26-Dec-01  @  02:43 AM   -   Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

FAB

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone have any idea how to create bass sound used in Konflict's The Beckoning?

It may be done with a sampler I suppose, but if anyone can get close with a nova/supernova, lemme know...

I've tried for hours but can't get it...

No I'm not a cheap, lazy mf and I'm not going to just steal it, but I'd like to know how it's done to improve my programming skills with the nova.

Thanks if you can help...

FAB

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             26-Dec-01  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

sitar

Link?: Link

Can you post a short mp3 of it?

Message 3/17             26-Dec-01  @  05:51 AM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

influx

Link?:  Link

you know..theres this one bassline, that really isnt all that complicated. Its freqnasty and BLIM together. casparproject knows the track Im talkin about...

but I could never get it

youre best off postin audio so we can try
(note..influx is gonna try and be nice this year)

Message 4/17             26-Dec-01  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

sitar

Influx, I'm always surprised when I see you in the Novation forum. Don't know why. It's good you're here in any case. Same with Steve.

Message 5/17             27-Dec-01  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

FAB

Yeah I'll see what I can do about an mp3 when I get home from work today...

later

FAB

Message 6/17             28-Dec-01  @  07:47 AM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

panama

that was a JP-8000. I think that single came
out around 99'?? When Dieselboy was
spinning that stuff... JP-8000 is big on dark
filter bass... it's like on every d&b record written
during that time period.

good stuff, but it's old hat now... you can get
crazier stuff out a nl2 now.

Message 7/17             28-Dec-01  @  08:11 AM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

oh and tips on creating it... well if you got a
JP-8k, just play low notes (find a good string
preset - String Machine or a good clav like
wannabe Juno bass with overdrive), use this
with a LPF, then hipass it externally with a
filter...

anyway, on your nova... I've never used one...
but I know it doesn't really do grit unless you
ring modulate or add an extra effect on... so I
guess experiment alot... but if you want to get
that sound and that character with out trying,
your gonna have to get a nl 1 or 2 - JP-8k and
mabe a virus... Maybe a Darkstar could give ou
what you want... ??

oh, and maybe a good softsynth with routed
effects could do it... but the key with that
sound, is thats it totally dry. Juno-106?

Message 8/17             28-Dec-01  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

influx

peekaboo sitar

Message 9/17             30-Dec-01  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

sitar

Bastard.

You have OS 4.xx with the double saw and new filters yes? Lots of grit.

Message 10/17             30-Dec-01  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

influx

nah, I got S.E.M.D.E.S version 1 point five dash 5 revision 4.234546754.

it ROCKs!

Message 11/17             30-Dec-01  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

sitar

What is S.E.M.D.E.S?

Message 12/17             30-Dec-01  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

influx

Some Egotistical Moron who Decided Everyone SUCKS

Stupid Ergonomics Make Dropbass Extremely Shallow

Synthesizer Excellence Means Digital Encourages Silliness

hell if I know

Message 13/17             30-Dec-01  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

FAB

Sorry took so long to get that up there...turned out to be a longer day at work than I had planned...heh...

The Nova can easily generate nastiness, and extremely huge sounds with plenty of grind are a cinch, but this is not really huge, just punchy and gritty...

I think compression is probably the key (atleast for the Nova), but tell me what you think...

Thanks

FAB

PS I didn't get a chance to preview the mp3 as I'm currently between audio interfaces on my PC...hope it came out okay...

BTW I dunno if anyone is looking for Bitheadz Retro AS-1, I don't think it's something I need, but you can get it REAL cheap on ebay...the auction ends today, last I checked it was around 35 bucks or so, and it's supposed to be the original CD...just a headz up...do a search on ebay for it...

Message 14/17             31-Dec-01  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

sitar

Influx!

FAB, the page comes up as "Sorry, this page is currently unavailable for viewing".

Message 15/17             31-Dec-01  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

FAB

Idunno why it does that, the address is correct. Click on this link and then click on the konflict.mp3 file that you see to download it...

Sorry about that

FAB

Message 16/17             04-Jan-02  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

FAB

Well...didn't mean to bore everyone...you can all come back now...

I've gone ahead and bought a Yamaha TX81Z...got it for $86...seems to be a good deal, and I figured since the Nova can't do any FM stuff, it'll give me some more functionality...

Anyone used a TX81Z? From what I've read/heard/etc, it's pretty good for generating fatter, harder, techno-ish basses...I think it'll give me some good stuff to work with, plus it's analog, not VA, which may give it a bit more beef...

See how it works out...

later

FAB

Message 17/17             04-Jan-02  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: Konflict - Beckoning Bassline

sitar

Just got around to listening to the mp3. I didn't try to reproduce it, but it sounds like you want to use a note in a very low octave. I think the grunge is simply coming out of the use of a very low note with distortion on it together with a filter sweep, noise oscillator and the notes are being gated somehow...could be done with an envelope. Probably a few ways to reproduce the sound or quite closely.

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)