aaa chord portemento track is here - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: chord portemento track is here

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             02-Jan-02  @  07:40 AM   -   chord portemento track is here

Sensoniq

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Just posted the first chord portemento track ever...Keep in mind the style is still developing, so don't listen for it to sound "good" so much as sounding "different"...the good part will come later   Anyway let me know your observations

Also I just posted a slammin new house groove, please give your feedback, thanks@!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             02-Jan-02  @  07:42 AM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

Sensoniq

Link?: Link

Oh yeah the chord portemento track is called "chord portamento"....the house groove is called "conga house"...they are both on this site not mp3

Message 3/17             02-Jan-02  @  09:00 AM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

xoxos

did you vote for your own track? is that ranxerox? does anyone have a sackful of TL082 op-amps for free?

more chord and less portamento and i'll give you an opinion :p did you get that eno clip i sent you?conga house is cool, but i could have done with a bit longer to let it rage before you broke to the filtered bit.

it's time to build that pro-one high pass filter mod  

Message 4/17             02-Jan-02  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

nomad

no tl082s, but i got some ne5532s if you want em... got my email?

Message 5/17             02-Jan-02  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

xoxos

thanks nomad i wouldn't know what to do with them if they _insert improbable event of choice here_

i've been casually considering having a go at the EMS since i bought a hell of a lot of parts for *something* and then got tired of d.i.y. after burning myself out making little gifts for a family trip. that is to say i still haven't got beyond bending and following schemos. think long term on progress here..  

do they substitute?

Message 6/17             02-Jan-02  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

sensoniq

Yeah chord portemento is a bit weak on the chords, kinda cartoony at this point. But you get the basic idea: no traditional "hammered" tones, just "gliding" tones.

I wish I had more portemento parameter control besides just "glide time." For instance, it would be nice to play with the start/finish glide time ratio...What I mean is instead of the glide being limited to one constant speed, I wish I could alter the speed at various point in the glide. A note could start out gliding up fast, then slow down about halfway through its path, then speed back up again as it approaches its destination note.

Message 7/17             02-Jan-02  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

nomad

what happens if you play with the 'porta time' parameter? like send CCs or something (guess most synths don't let you map an envelope to it eh?  

i miss my obxa.... it had true polyphonic portamento... push notes all over the keyboard... set to unison mode.... turn on portamento.... listen to the sounds sweep to C from all ends of the spectrum...beautiful.

and yeah, an ne5532 with substitute for most opamps, though it might not sound identical (4558, 1458, 741, 5534, 072, 082, the 5532 should work in place of most of these...)

Message 8/17             02-Jan-02  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

influx

sensoniq...you could do that with an envelope to pitch, no? or maybe an LFO along with your portamento?

also..whatever synth youre using...does it send CCs? why not try tweakin the porta time knob while recording and see what heppens?

Message 9/17             03-Jan-02  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

xoxos

unless you're talking like a bucketfull and you want to send me a few cups of 'em, i'll pass. i do appreciate your kindness, but i have a radio shack conveniently situated on the way home.. they do 555s and 741s.. plus the likelihood of me actually doing anything is not something to bank on.

Message 10/17             03-Jan-02  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

woxy

chord portmento - - - i feel seasick! nice idea tho'

Message 11/17             04-Jan-02  @  03:45 AM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

sensoniq

that's a nice idea, I'll assign porta time to one of the definable knobs on the virus b and try some tweakin. thanks for the tips

Message 12/17             04-Jan-02  @  06:13 AM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

marianimal

Link?:  No link

I feel surrounded by hornets on acid. They or I on acid, I don't know. A unique and not unpleasant experience. Yeah, more chord, you know it.

Message 13/17             04-Jan-02  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

xoxos

one of my nursery jobs i'd have to get up early to water the bedding, all on tables. lots of bees, and i mean a lot of bees. if only everybody had such a magnaminous sense of living in harmony as i.

Message 14/17             04-Jan-02  @  08:05 PM     Edit: 04-Jan-02  |  09:20 PM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

marianimal

Clearly I am wasting time here, but when my dad was a little boy on a farm he went out one morning in his nightshirt to play among the hives. Some of the bees flew up his nightie but they didn't sting him because, as the legend goes, he wasn't afraid of them. Then one day when he was older he was playing in an ammunition dump and blammo, permanent hand injury. Shows that bees are better than bombs.  

Why don't you work in a nursery anymore? Sounds much better than dealing with irate cellie users all day.

Message 15/17             05-Jan-02  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

xoxos

because he wouldn't let the mexicans wear sunglasses.

Message 16/17             05-Jan-02  @  11:16 PM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

marianimal

You gotta be kidding. How could someone possibly rationalize something like that?

Message 17/17             05-Jan-02  @  11:28 PM   -   RE: chord portemento track is here

xoxos

it's tucson.

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)