aaa why is Microwave II relatively chea - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: why is Microwave II relatively chea

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             02-Jan-02  @  07:53 PM   -   why is Microwave II relatively chea

marianimal

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Relatively cheap is what I was trying to say. Someone has one for $495 which he sez is the going rate, but seems oddly inexpensive to me compared to retail. Something weird about them I don't know about?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             03-Jan-02  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: why is Microwave II relatively chea

influx

Link?:  Link

there is no retail for a MWII anymore. Theyre out of production

thats a fair price though, for sure. You might be thinking of the XT, with all the knobs etc?

Message 3/9             03-Jan-02  @  09:36 AM   -   RE: why is Microwave II relatively chea

marianimal

Nope, just a plain old Microwave II, all black and not on the Waldorf site or any of the retail sites. No matter though; it was sold, and I found someone right here in SF to sell me his Micro Q. Happy happy.

Message 4/9             03-Jan-02  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: why is Microwave II relatively chea

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

500$ for a microwave 2 sounds good, though i wish they would go lower. i dont care much about interface as long as it sounds good.

Message 5/9             12-Jan-02  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: why is Microwave II relatively chea

Pongoid

Those who say that they don't care about the interface have never tried to program a MW1 without a MIDI controller. That's a good price on the MW2. Very good unit, you will love it. uQ, huh? Turning into a veritable Waldorf afficianada, I see. There are worse things to be in life. All black? Sounds custom. Cool. Enjoy.

Ape

PS If you need some programming tips I'll be back in Bezerkeley for about a week in the next few days. One right now...READ THE MANUAL! Then, read it again. Every time you look at it, you'll get another idea for a sound, and the folks at Waldorf have a good sense of humor in their manuals.

Ape

Message 6/9             12-Jan-02  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: why is Microwave II relatively chea

marianimal

Hey! Playing anywhere while you're here?

Mine isn't custom, it was the MWII that was all black. This is just a regular microQ. Yeah, having a great time with the manual, all goofy and germanic at the same time.

Message 7/9             15-Jan-02  @  02:34 AM   -   RE: why is Microwave II relatively chea

Pongoid

Yup that's the way they do them. No gigs planned there. Kinda sneaking in and out. Saying hi to a few hedz, grabbing the gear, and it's back to Europe for records, gigs, and all kinds of good stuff. Just had one come out last week in fact, and have a couple more in the works now. Really need my Q for the projects, hence my return.  

Ape

Message 8/9             15-Jan-02  @  07:16 AM   -   RE: why is Microwave II relatively chea

marianimal

Cool! Glad to hear things are happening. I'd love to hear about where you played etc. And yeah, I could use some programming tips; some specific things have come up that I haven't yet found explanations for. This is a really fun machine though.  

Message 9/9             16-Jan-02  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: why is Microwave II relatively chea

nomad

Link?:  Link

for a while the microwave II and the XT had the same MSRP for some reason (and if you look at say zzounds they still do probably). they are the same, except the XT has 44 knobs (it still has the original MWII interface on it too), and the XT also has an external input that the MWII doesn't. they are identical otherwise, and some MWIIs even have an XT motherboard in them (i wonder if these could be hacked to get an audio input?)

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)