aaa Breakbeat by Sensoniq - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             09-Jan-02  @  05:47 AM   -   Breakbeat by Sensoniq

Sensoniq

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

This is definitely one of my best tracks, "come out and play" its called. Probably my most well-produced track as well. Goes to show that a little help from collaborators can go a long way...Vocalist Diane and co-producer Dominic also get the credit on this one. Now if only it were a little longer...maybe bleed the vox in mid-song instead of intro.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             09-Jan-02  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

bedwyr

Link?: Link

cool sensoniq. not my cup of tea but still sounds good. definately make it longer, into a breakdown, stick in a new idea (synth melody?) then bring it all back home. err .. maybe.  

Message 3/15             11-Jan-02  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

Espoo2

Link?:  No link

Sounds good...
Maybe its me, or the stream, but it seems to pump alot... like not good pumping... getting louder and quieter alot.... distracting...

And it sounds nice, but I would definitely add some more flavor to the lead synth line a bit... just a little variation...

Message 4/15             11-Jan-02  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

definitley has a good sound, but it needs a
long break and a different melody....

I like that synth line A LOT!

Message 5/15             13-Jan-02  @  02:12 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

sensoniq

Yeah something was up with the Timeworks mastering compressor with that take...hence the "pumping". I've since re-mixed the track a bit (less on the vox) and remastered it as well, this time I got just the right match of gain/release on the timeworks mastering compressor -- one of those rare moments, sweet spots, you know. Now the snare/hh/crash/percussive blend just cuts right through the track perfectly. Usually I opt for the ME multiband compressor, but with the right mix timeworks mastering compr rocks.

Good idea about the break, but I wouldn't dare touch a thing I don't think after that mastering job. I'm thinking of re-uploading the track but it might not sound much different in lofi

Message 6/15             13-Jan-02  @  03:34 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

influx

sorry, but 2:30?

Message 7/15             13-Jan-02  @  09:36 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

panama

[image file]

heh heh

Message 8/15             13-Jan-02  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

horizens

[image file]

from the sound of what you just said, maybe
you should start saving some presets when
you find the ideal mastering "sweet spots."
then you might not find yourself stuck
anymore.

2:30 is about 1/2 to 1/3 of a track depending
on what you want to do with it. too short for a dj
and it's a bit too slow at 122bpm. i mention
djing because your track is somewhat "tracky."
it honestly sounds like an incomplete thought
if you are intending to have it played out.
maybe you could use it as part of a demo?

Message 9/15             13-Jan-02  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

sitar

Didn't find it dude. Looked for it at your MP3 site too. Maybe you're reposting it???

Message 10/15             15-Jan-02  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

sensoniq

It's right here on this site, called "come out and play"...I haven't touched it so it should still be here, check the charts since it's been getting some votes.

Yes, you are fully right this isn't a 7-minute floor-hopping 135 bpm song. It was written for an album project I'm working on with co-producer Dom and vocalist Diane.

Good idea about saving the presets...however, I've found that with mastering every song is truly unique, not just bpm but harmonics, form, etc. So while a compressor algorithm works well on one 122 bpm song it might sound farty on another 122 bpm song esp. since the snare/kick/hh pattern might require a different feel. So that's why I tend to start from scratch with a fresh ME multiband or Timeworks mastering comp. template. It's a real pain in the arse but it's less of a pain now than it was a few months ago, so I think I'm getting used to it

Message 11/15             15-Jan-02  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

influx

2:30 still isnt long enough, and the song sounds unfinished in 'length' is what was meant

Message 12/15             16-Jan-02  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

sensoniq

Sorry it was mismarked, it is really 2:48 in length. Now you have to admit, 2 seconds from 2:50 is borderline acceptable...

An album full of 2:50's wouldn't be acceptable but a few 2:50's mixed in with the 3-5's would.

Message 13/15             16-Jan-02  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

influx

true. but...the main point is..does it sound finished to you?

I guess...you could just do so much more with it. but if its right where you want it then nothing else matters

Message 14/15             17-Jan-02  @  12:37 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

sensoniq

yeah but you could always do so much more with it...Every track is like that to one extent or another. Even tracks on the radio I think to myself "hmm they should've done this with the bassline instead" or whatever.

I think there just comes a point when you get close enough to right where you want it, "that point when enough is enough", as Julia Roberts put so bluntly in the mexican. That and the fact that I've already begun new projects and lost interest in doing anything else with that one

Message 15/15             17-Jan-02  @  01:25 AM   -   RE: Breakbeat by Sensoniq

sitar

I found it. Sorry about that. I had only scrolled down to your album tracks. Should pay more attention. This song is good. I agree about the length of it. Could be longer for a club. For listening on a cd it could be an interesting segway between 2 tracks though from its length point of view. What do I know. Good rhythm. Nice the way the synth opened up at the beginning.

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)