aaa tranz rulz - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: tranz rulz

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             11-Jan-02  @  02:43 PM     Edit: 11-Jan-02  |  08:06 PM   -   tranz rulz

bedwyr

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

it rilly duzz.

couldn't bring myself to do arpeggios, so maybe it's not really trance.

:P

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             11-Jan-02  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: tranz rulz

k

streaming

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10             11-Jan-02  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: tranz rulz

bedwyr

oh yeah, thanks.

Message 4/10             12-Jan-02  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: tranz rulz

influx

Link?:  Link

dunno...were you joking? because...this represents everything that I think of when I think of trance...predictable melodies (that sound a bit 80s ) and predictable beats and changes

now...to be honest...I dont think the "hardcore" trance lovers would be happy with your tongue-in-cheek throwdown 

and its too ing long;)

Message 5/10             12-Jan-02  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: tranz rulz

bedwyr

yeah, tell me. now when i say something derogatory about trance anyone can pick me up and say "well you can't even do it blah blah". can't be too long it's only 6 minutes. it's all good practice tho, i can see things i could do better on it, maybe it'll carry over into what i like. production/arrangment that is, not cheesy 80s melody.

anyway, what's next?

Message 6/10             12-Jan-02  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: tranz rulz

panama

dude, it an't bad for the first minute, but then it gets long and drawn out... dunno, I think you should still try d&b... That little clip of your drum and bass'n with the vocal is great... good melody. me's a sucker for a good day trip

Message 7/10             12-Jan-02  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: tranz rulz

bedwyr

the d&b one is taking a bit longer coz the ex is being crap with her time. next couple of weeks tho, new mic next week, we'll re-record the vocal.

yeah it is drawn out, i can't listen to it any more though. maybe in a while i'll re-do. thanks.

Message 8/10             15-Jan-02  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: tranz rulz

Deano

Link?:  No link

Not bad but it just goes to show its easy to produce something that sounds like a particular style but to make it really authentic is more difficult. I reckon its a bit too "on the beat". I'd try moving the sequences around a bit to get that syncopated feel. You know, so that when the beat drops you can't tell where the bar starts. Probably that would make it livelier. It's interesting to have a try at a style you're not used to though, innit? Perhaps we should have a competition for all those who hate trance to produce the best trance track.

Deano

Message 9/10             15-Jan-02  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: tranz rulz

influx

hell I would jus' sample someone else's;)

Message 10/10             16-Jan-02  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: tranz rulz

sensoniq

I love arpeggiators. They can give you new rhythmic ideas and you can tweak their parameters to make them sound perfect. Arps are cool.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)