aaa It's a barren wasteland here - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: It's a barren wasteland here

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             12-Jan-02  @  09:28 PM   -   It's a barren wasteland here

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

yoo-hoo!!! Anybody else still keeping the faith? I'm loving my friend's 808, prophet5, and Oscar.  

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             13-Jan-02  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

Maarten

I'm wanting your friends 808, prophet5 and OSCar!  

Message 3/24             14-Jan-02  @  06:37 AM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

influx

Link?:  Link

Im propheting your oscars 808 friend!

Message 4/24             14-Jan-02  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I'm still using the hybrid Juno-106 (well DCO
type hybrid) along with the sh-101, and my
secret noise maker; Octave Cat.

Got a new love tho... Roland Romplers - Some
of the atmospheres that can be done with the
'dry yet clear' rompler sound, is great.

Message 5/24             14-Jan-02  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

bedwyr

you're a dying breed.

oh, my speakers are analog. :P

Message 6/24             15-Jan-02  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

Pongoid

We're not dead yet, and seeing one show with the gear will convince you as to why.  

Ape

Message 7/24             15-Jan-02  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

bedwyr

when are you bringing it over here? i'll get you a gig in cardiff. ^

Message 8/24             15-Jan-02  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

k

yeah, & i'll get you a gig in london.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/24             17-Jan-02  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

Pongoid

Can you get the gigs to pay the insurance on the gear?

Ape

Message 10/24             17-Jan-02  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

bedwyr

how you mean? for the flight? and the transport over here? no, i don't think so, but if you can sort out a tour, just figure it into your fee, innit.

Message 11/24             18-Jan-02  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

Pongoid

A tourof the UK? There's a thought. Hadn't considerred, but now that you mention it, that might be fun. I'll talk to a friend or two, maybe we can put together a package with web info, trax, etc., and you could pass it along, and hook us up with the people to financially make it a reality. I'd love to do it, if I didn't have to worry about loss or breakage of treasures.  

Ape

Message 12/24             18-Jan-02  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

Maarten

NL leg!

Message 13/24             18-Jan-02  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

a.d.d.

Link?:  No link

i just realized that you could scroll down the list of forums and found this one... i thought 303 was the last one. he he.

Message 14/24             18-Jan-02  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

Brett B

I lost my Enron sales job, and now my transmision is going on my car. I may be forced to sell my juno-106, mks-80, and my beloved syntechno teebee, and my emu e-6400 just to fix it. Life is getting tuff. I just got turned down from a 60-100k a year job because of my credit. all my bills are late!

Message 15/24             19-Jan-02  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

bedwyr

& fuck the car.

don't sell.

& fuck the bills too. i always pay up just before they start the court bandwagon, that way i feel i'm getting my moneys' worth out of the utility companies.

Message 16/24             19-Jan-02  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

k

yeah the car, get a bike instead.

Message 17/24             19-Jan-02  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

k

and...... 'scroll down the forums list' ?????

what the hell size res'/font is your browser set to a.d.d ???

Message 18/24             19-Jan-02  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

a.d.d.

dunno... the computer is just a toy to me not a serious tool.

Message 19/24             19-Jan-02  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

a.d.d.

figured it out. i had the status bar on the bottom and it was covering up the analog and dj forums.

Message 20/24             19-Jan-02  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

influx

awwww, poor brett. no $100k a year job....

sheesh

Message 21/24             21-Jan-02  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

Brett B

It's a catch 22. Your credit is bad because you lost your job, and you can't get a job because your credit is bad. One recruiter told me she couldn't help me unless I had a current job. I said if I had a job I wouldn't need a recruiter! Anyway, parents to the rescue. I bought the car from them, and my mother said the problem was an old one, so they are picking up the tab. And I have some prospects, not making what I was at Enron, but it's money coming in. I still need a good mic and pre-amp.

Message 22/24             22-Jan-02  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

no sympathy

I feel your pain.

oh, what's that?

your mom took care of it.

Message 23/24             04-Feb-02  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

Pongoid

Sorry, I don't feel your pain. You knowingly worked for scumbags. Does that make you one too? You worry about your pre-amp while others worry about eating or freezing to death, in our own fucking country. Damn, sorry about your profit margins.

Ape

Message 24/24             06-Feb-02  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: It's a barren wasteland here

Brett B

Well, this isn't the forum for world peace and the end of hunger. It's for relating our lives to music. Knowingly work for scumbags? I thought Enron was a great company. If anyone knew, we wouldn't have been taken advantage of. I didn't work there long enough to take it personly though. Fuck it! life goes on, and I still have all analogs. Still broke and unemployed though. I sit around all day making music now though hoping the phone will ring or I get that e-mail!

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)