aaa trance! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: trance!

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             19-Jan-02  @  03:56 AM   -   trance!

Sensoniq

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just added a new track "Rainmaker"...I didn't want to admit to it, tried to hide it as house in the description, but okay its trance loud and clear!

If you like trance you might love this fullblown trance tune, give it a shot

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             19-Jan-02  @  10:27 AM   -   RE: trance!

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

not really trance dude.

cool transitions! I dig the melody. dunno it's
place though

Message 3/17             20-Jan-02  @  01:43 AM   -   RE: trance!

sensoniq

Link?:  Link

melodic trance? I bet if I threw a sweeping LP filter over the synth then it would be trance without a doubt

Message 4/17             20-Jan-02  @  04:24 AM     Edit: 20-Jan-02  |  05:23 AM   -   RE: trance!

influx

youre being facetious, right? yeah yeah...say something snotty and all but...

"I bet if I threw a sweeping LP filter over the synth then it would be trance without a doubt"

rather simplistic, no?

Message 5/17             20-Jan-02  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: trance!

sensoniq

I think more than being facetious I was questioning the value of society's definition of "trance." It sure does seem rather simplistic that just by throwing a filter over a synth you can call it trance...But as simplistic as it is, that does seem to be the case. I would argue this simplicity is not the fault of the artist but of the society that defines "trance" as such

Message 6/17             20-Jan-02  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: trance!

0/d

You are one happy fella aren't you!!

Very upbeat,very European and very cheesy(don't get me wrong cheese is fine,if thats your cup of tea).You should get a Danish 17 year old girl to sing about being alone on the dancefloor and how is she is so shy (or whatever 14 year olds relate to)and you will have a gauranteed finnish number one  

Cool melody though if its taken out of its context,just an idea but that melody would sound great being payed on a filthy organ with some strings doing the counter melody and taken down to about 100 bpm.just a silly idea  

Message 7/17             20-Jan-02  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: trance!

influx

hehe. society's definition. Made me picture some sociologist talking about ways and mores and shit...

euro-trance, maybe

Message 8/17             21-Jan-02  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: trance!

sensoniq

I can live with that, euro-trance. Actually o/d we are gonna add diane's vox to that one, her line will pretty much follow the chord roots.

Interesting, I am not offended by the "cheese" comment since I agree to some extent. We have all been conditioned by society to think of "happy" progressions as somewhat cheesy, esp. in trance since major chords usually don't exist there. I bet if I turned every "happy" major chord into a minor one then this tune wouldn't sound cheesy at all (provided the chord progression still worked in minor).

Not sociologists, but people themselves created trance and this "sad" minor filtered-out stigma associated with it...Sure I could've conformed but it's in me to be different and bring the world something new.

Message 9/17             21-Jan-02  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: trance!

influx

ok. NOW youre kidding right?

NEW? dude.

Message 10/17             21-Jan-02  @  05:18 AM   -   RE: trance!

nothingnewhere

ah man...

Message 11/17             21-Jan-02  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: trance!

sensoniq

If you know other artists who produce similar stuff, so be it. I don't. It is brand spanking new to me.

Message 12/17             21-Jan-02  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: trance!

influx

I shouldnt say anything, but..

I actually would have kept my mouth shut but you sure do seem to think a bit highly of yourself..."Sure I could've conformed but it's in me to be different and bring the world something new." and "...brand spankin new to me" are two TOTALLY different things

GRRREAT that you stepped in a new direction for yourself, but...dont come too hard

perhaps you should LISTEN to whats going on so you dont end up copying? Really not meant as a cut, but its a bit lofty to come with the "new" thing when youre apparently unaware of what is already out there. So you want to avoid labels? Great! but..might behoove you to know what those labels apply to so you can avoid falling under that umbrella.

Message 13/17             22-Jan-02  @  04:13 AM   -   RE: trance!

sensoniq

eh shut up man. Don't you see it's all relative? If I produce a track and that sounds new to ME then I'm bringing the world something new from MY perspective. Now you appear to be challenging that perspective, so I rebutt with to that with this: Name me 5 artists who have put out similar music to my "rainmaker", as well as the respective songs.

The reason 5 examples are required is that "bringing the world something new" is also a relative phrase in that "something new" doesn't have to be individually exclusive; it can also refer to a group of two or three artists given the scope of the industry. In fact I was surprised to hear a new song on the radio afew minutes ago by Ian "Vandersomething" that sounded very much like mine, I'll even add this to your challenge tally. So if you can produce at least 4 more known examples then your argument will prevail. The challenge is on, good luck!

Message 14/17             22-Jan-02  @  05:17 AM     Edit: 22-Jan-02  |  06:20 PM   -   RE: trance!

influx

edit

Message 15/17             22-Jan-02  @  05:28 AM     Edit: 22-Jan-02  |  06:21 PM   -   RE: trance!

influx

edit.

Message 16/17             23-Jan-02  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: trance!

milan

Message 17/17             24-Jan-02  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: trance!

e

Link?:  No link

little crabby are we?

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)